Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

What color iPod do you prefer?

• White

Votes: 99 66.4%
  • Black

Votes: 50 33.6%

• Total voters

confucious626

macrumors newbie
May 20, 2006
SoCal
The black one is super sexy right out of the box. Once it is used and abused it looks ok with all the visible scratches. I have a white one with no case just a screen protector and it still looks sexy.

Caitlyn

macrumors 6502a
Jun 30, 2005
I really like the white on the iPods to be honest. The black MacBook has grown on me, but the iPod is signature white!

sushi

Moderator emeritus
Jul 19, 2002
キャンプスワ&#
luckylisp said:
Just curious what most people prefer. :)

(White for me.)
I think that it depends a bit on where I am going to use it.

For example, if I use it in my car with a stand I would prefer black. If I am going to carry it in a belt holder then white.

Guess I will just need to get one of each! :D

But overall, I prefer white.

tedrjr03

macrumors regular
Feb 9, 2006
I prefer the white for two reasons:

1. It does not show scratches as easy
2. It matches all my hardware

billchase2

macrumors 68000
Feb 28, 2006
Ann Arbor
i'll hopefully be purchasing a black one soon... :) (unless i decide to wait even longer for the supposed "new" ones to come out...)

pcortez

macrumors member
Feb 10, 2006
black for video.

it seems to be more flush with a movie or show with black borders.

as for scratching, the nano is everyday use, so I'd go with white, while the video ipod owners seem to always have some kind of protection and treat it more carefully.

student_trap

macrumors 68000
Mar 14, 2005
'Ol Smokey, UK
i think that white is the ipod colour, and that if it is your 1st ipod, white is the way to go. Black however adds a nice bit of difference for those who have a couple of ipods already. i hope to get a u2 ipod soon though, i think the red click wheel and black back are pretty sweet, althoughi wish they didn't have the bloomin' signatures!

JackSYi

macrumors 6502a
Feb 20, 2005
It interesting how many people like white over black. I can see how black can show off smudges and fingerprints more, and white won't.

fatandlazy11

macrumors member
Mar 10, 2006
Depends on my mood
Wow... I thought most people would say black. Black is the "hip" Color of an Ipod at the middle school where I go to.

Imagine if they made a black Shuffle... I'd buy it right away.:)

Philberttheduck

macrumors 6502a
Mar 15, 2006
HB, CA
BOOOOOOOOOO u2. personally i don think they're good music and pretty much overrated because apple loves em.

Black. When the fullscreen iPods come out, black too. the black gives the movie a more "cinema" type deal, while white kinda makes it "too bright" on the outer rim. the black tones it down a bit.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
As long as all the accessories are in white it'll be white for me. Same went for my MacBook.

Dunepilot

macrumors 6502a
Feb 25, 2002
UK
I went for a black one when it came to replacing my iPod recently. Not sure why, really, I just fancied a change. I'd say that I like both colours equally.

Deepdale

macrumors 68000
May 4, 2005
New York
pink-pony115 said:
Pink iPod nano. ... You can also customize iBooks, iMacs, and MacBooks.

Colorware can be too pricey for some, but I agree that the finished products look very nice indeed, especially the available iPod combos.

Synapple

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2004
Rome, Italy
I have a 30GB black one and I've got soooooo bored with it that I really wish I bought a white one in the first place... it just looks more appropriate :eek:

wmmk

macrumors 68020
Mar 28, 2006
The Library.
well, i like the white iPod, as now SO many people have the black ones. i also find it interesting that most people in the thread say they prefer black, but white is winning the poll:confused: i actually like the black macbook, and wonder what my white iPod would look like nextr to it. the front of my iPod is pristene, but the silver back part back has a ton of fingerprints. is there any subtance you can use to clean the back of iPods?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.