white or black

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by edwardcheah, Nov 20, 2006.

1. edwardcheah macrumors newbie

Dec 19, 2004
    I know theres probably a million threads out there about this and i've read some but none of them really highlight the unique problem that i have with deciding wheater to go black or white with the macbookC2D.

Well firstly MacbookC2D only comes to my part of the world in about 2 weeks so i have a bit of time to decide.

Firstly where i live (singapore) with the new C2D macbooks a white macbook with the same specs as a black is about the same price. so money isnt an issue. I'm looking to get 120GB HD, 2GB RAM, 2GHZ in black or white. So money isnt exactly an issue here.

I really like the look of the white macbook however i'm quite a messy person ... i eat and drink while i'm at the computer BUT these havent really been my own computers they've been the family's Dell so i didnt really care. But this will be my own macbook so i know i will take super extra care.

I like the black macbook too, it looks really sexy but the majour down points are that it is black and all the cables, remotes and if i were to get a wireless keyboard and mouse it'll be white too and i don't really like that they don't match because.

So you see my dilema ... this is compounded by the stainning issues that the macbook had with the first batch, can anyone with a white macbook post some pictures or give me some advice to keep it shinny white?
  2. yoda13 macrumors 65816

Sep 26, 2003
    well, there is a trade-off here, the black maybe easier to keep clean if you eat around them alot. However, the keyboard and trackpad on the black one seem to collect a lot of oils from your hands in normal use from what I have seen, it might really get messy if you eat something even minimally greasy while using it...

If you are going to plug in a lot of peripherals, I might go with white for the reasons that you say...

That being sad, if it were me, and i was buying it for my own personal tastes, I would buy black, hands down, providing I could afford it.

I can't help with the staining issues...
  3. jessep28 macrumors 6502

Sep 8, 2006
    Omaha, NE
    You are the only judge to what you like.

When you ask color advice, you are bound to get tons of answers on either side. Really, I would just go with what your feeling tell you that you should get.
  4. FFTT macrumors 68030

Apr 17, 2004
    A Stoned Throw From Ground Zero
    Regardless of which color you choose, you'll need to take extra care not to let
    too much grit into the cracks around the keys.

The older iBook and PowerBook keyboards allowed you to detach the keyboard assembly and dump the crumbs, but that's not the case with these new ones.

You'll be fine with the White model using the Apple Pro external KB
    and just wash your hands for goodness sake.
  5. macg4 macrumors 6502a

Nov 17, 2003
    Des Moines,Iowa
  6. AppleIntelRock macrumors 65816

Aug 14, 2006
    Here's an easy way to decide: do you like black or white better? Who cares what color the cables are?
  7. mojohojo macrumors regular

Nov 24, 2006
    would anyone mind putting up some pictures or both black and white macbooks after it gets smudged or dirty? want to know how bad each one is.
  8. backsidetailsli macrumors 65816

Aug 1, 2006
    if it were me, id get black. thats mho. but its all you