White spots on 847MHz 12" PB LCD

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by cdp788, Apr 7, 2004.

1. cdp788 macrumors newbie

Apr 6, 2004
    I've had my PB since August 2003 and have had zero LCD issues (pixels, brightness, etc)... but I've notices faint white spots toward the top of the screen. I've tried cleaning the screen but they're still there and can only be seen if the screen is viewed at an angle.

Are these the faint white spots that were an issue with the early 15" AlBooks? I doubt these are covered under warranty, but am I wrong? Any tips on preventing these from spreading. I'm a student and carry by book with me but try to be mindful of pressure on the cover.

Any suggestions?
  2. realityisterror macrumors 65816

Aug 30, 2003
    Snellville, GA
    iirc, the white spots are caused by pressure. in some alubooks, i believe it was a manufacturing defect, but in your case it could be because of mishandling. because there aren't a lot of people complaining about white spots on rev. a 12" pb, and because you are just now seeing them more than 6 months later, i doubt apple would help you. it may be worth a try, but try not to put any weight on the lid of your beauty...

3. IndyGopher macrumors 6502a

Nov 3, 2001
    Indianapolis, IN
    If you have an Apple retail store near you, take it in and see what they say. You might imply that you would be interested in this whole "Pro Card" thing if it helped resolve problems like this.

Also, you might ask them to check and see if they can find the 20MHz you're missing.
  4. adamjay macrumors 6502a

Feb 3, 2004
    oh no you didn't! :p