White spots on PowerBook Display?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by thegivenone, Mar 8, 2004.

1. thegivenone macrumors newbie

Need your help guys: This was discussed AGES ago when the PB 15FW800 was introduced in september. I have four MASSIVE trailing white spots on my Powerbook screen. I heard this was due to the clumsy glueing of the screen to the frame. Does anyone else have the same problem? Does anyone know whether this is covered in the guarantee?

2. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

just call apple whether or not it's covered. i'm pretty sure it would be, but no one here can give you a definitive answer. only apple can.

3. Maritan macrumors regular

Even assuming that you bought your 15 incher on the first day that it was released in September, you are still covered by warranty. (Even if you didn't purchase Applecare). If you didn't purchase Applecare, your phone time might have run out. You would have to pay to call them (stupid).

This is what I did: I took my PB15 in to the local Apple store, and they had a spare screen. I got my laptop back the SAME evening. How cool is that? No shipping, no waiting endless days for the laptop to return.

I highly recommend going into your local Apple store. IMO, it beats having to wait for Apple to send you a box etc. etc. etc.

4. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Yes, you are covered under the one year warranty. I would strongly recommend that you purchase Apple Care, that will give you an additional two years of coverage.

If you have a local Apple Store, it make the repair easy. Usually you will get it back in 3 - 5 business days.

5. jxyama macrumors 68040

jxyama

a common misconception. you don't have to pay for hardware problems for one year. your free phone support is for 90 days and after that, you will be asked to provide a credit card number for phone calls, but you will NOT be charged $49 (per incident) if the problem you called about is hardware related. if the problem is diagnosed as software related, then you must pay the $49 fee because your warranty does not cover that...

anyway, for the orig. poster, the problem is clearly hardware related. if you are asked for a credit card number, just give it, you won't be charged on it because this is clearly a hardware problem anyway.