white widescreen flat panel monitor

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by nickkelbackk, Jul 24, 2006.

1. nickkelbackk macrumors member

I am about to buy a 1.83 macbook and i would like to have a external monitor and I have been surfing the net like crazy and can not find anything on a white computer monitor. I am really pissed off so if anybody knows of a white computer monitor that would be great thanks.

2. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Samsung has a few white LCDs, but none of them are widescreen. Unless of course you count their 40" HDTV :p.

B

3. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

Benq makes LCD screens with white enclosures, but I'm not sure if there's a widescreen one. Formac Gallery screens may also still be available in white (not 100% sure about that).

4. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

5. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

I just posted about the Samsung LN-S1952W HDTV in another thread. It's a 19" 1440x900 display with HDMI and VGA in. If it's as good and works as well with Macs as the 40" LN-S4052 I have, I recommend it highly.

Should be available soon for ~$500.

B

6. tipdrill407 macrumors 6502

You shouldn't use a TV as a computer monitor because they do not tilt and are often too bright for close viewing.

7. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

:confused: My 40" Samsung tilts and adjusts the screen to "PC mode" (lower brightness) when you look at the PC (VGA) input.

I agree with you in general, but the distingtion between LCD monitors and TVs is shrinking.

B

8. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

man, if I paid that much for a 40-inch flat-panel TV, you'd better believe I'm gunna multitask it.. :p

9. jtfolden macrumors 6502

jtfolden

I was just about to post about one of these. I've seen several hooked up to Mac mini displays and the LCD seems very decent for the price.

10. GoCubsGo macrumors Nehalem

GoCubsGo

supposedly colorware is supposed to start offering dell lcd's painted.
    Someone did it at home, I e-mailed them and they said they were setting up the dell partnership and it should be available in 2006.

11. xfiftyfour macrumors 68030

xfiftyfour

i just looked up colorware's website (i'd never heard of them) and man! a pink macbook would be hot! heh :p :eek:

12. nickkelbackk thread starter macrumors member

Thanks yall I think Im gonna wait for the 19" samsung monitor because it will probaly be useed more as a tv than it will an external display for my macbook, Im not even sure if it will even be on a desk right now. thanks for all your help