Who believes what?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by Phatpat, Jan 19, 2004.

1. Phatpat macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

I'm having a little trouble figuring out what the democratic candidates believe on a couple issues, and I thought you guys might be able to help me out.

What do they think about Bush's new plan for the space program?

What are their views on privacy?

I know these are pretty general questions, but any help would be great.

2. 2jaded2care macrumors 6502

I think they all hate the Bush space initiative, because it stole the Dems' thunder. It's supposed to be their issue, not the Reps', so they'll oppose it on the grounds it'll stall universal health care.

They are all for privacy as far as no drug testing in schools or getting an abortion on demand or letting criminals and terrorists go about their business, but they want the government to know everything about your personal medical history (see: universal health care).

:D

... Just kidding, but your thread was stalling here! At least maybe that will rile up some Dems to come to the defense!

(I'm interested in what they have to say, too.)

3. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Always ready to be a help to those who have an honest question.

Clark
    Dean
    Edwards
    Kerry
    Kucinich
    Lieberman
    Sharpton

Although 2jaded2care seems to think everyone that doesn't like Bush thinks alike, he doesn't really have a clue about what people on this forum think. If you want a discussion on the Space proposals of the Bush administration, then there has been an ongoing thread on the issue.

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?s=&threadid=54544

On privacy issues you will have to be a little more specific if you want to know what folks here think. Privacy rights have been discussed to death on the issues of abortion and the "Patriot" Act. I would recommend looking at some of the old threads.

If on the other hand it is the candidates position on these issues you want to know about then the above links to their campaigns should be helpful.

4. 2jaded2care macrumors 6502

Thought I made it clear I was KIDDING. Funny, you didn't make it clear your insult was meant to be light-hearted... Oh well, maybe Dems have less reason to maintain a sense of humor...

WARNING: That was MORE KIDDING! :D Lighten up, willya?

5. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Sorry, it was meant to be lighthearted. Sometimes I forget tone is not easily communicated in print.

6. Phatpat thread starter macrumors 6502a

Phatpat

Has anyone made an official statement about bush's space proposal? I looked at the candidates sites and couldn't find anything.

Privacy, I'm mainly talking about patriot act kinda stuff. Are they all wholeheartedly against it, or do some like parts of it? I've heard more stuff about this, especially in recent days, but nothing too in depth.

7. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

peter jennings did an interview w/ kerry last night. kerry said that some parts of the act must be removed, some must be modified.

this was in response to jennings' question of kerry would vote to continue the act.

it was a short interview and kerry didn't get any more specific than that.

8. Sayhey macrumors 68000

Sayhey

Phatpat,

look a little closer and I think you will find positions on the issues you are talking about.

Here is Clark's position on the Patriot Act
    http://clark04.com/issues/patriotact/

zim, already gave you Kerry's position. I will look at other sites if you can't find them, but I think they are readily available.