Who brings games to the mac?

Discussion in 'Games' started by rdhatfield3, Feb 17, 2005.

1. rdhatfield3 macrumors member

I was looking at the Macsoft and Aspyr websites for updates on new games coming out and i couldn't remember any other game houses that port games to the mac. I counted Blizzard already. Any help?

2. applekid macrumors 68020

3. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck

Yeah, search the IMG news archives, and you'll find all the devs you want.

The little guys like Freeverse or Gamehouse or Burning Monkey really make me smile too, along with smaller groups that just port to anything (such as General Coffee). There's also the community industry (idevgames/udevgames), as well as old faves lik Snood.

4. pgc6000 macrumors 6502a

Well, Aspyr is probaly the biggest mac game porter. MacSoft ports a lot too, including some of my two favorite games, Halo: Combat Evolved and Age of Mythology.

5. run1911 macrumors newbie

Aspyr

Aspyr is the main porter because they are associated with EA. EA is one of the biggest producers of games therefor Aspyr would also be very large. Blizzard has been doing some good things also creating games in both formats (WIII)

6. Sundance Kid macrumors regular

Sundance Kid

7. SurfAddict macrumors member

SurfAddict

Blizzard has all the best games anyway. My first PC games were doom 2 on DOS back in the old 3.1 days (sorry I'm a convert not my family, a proud 2g ipod halo effect). But Starcraft back when I was in 4th or 5th grade was the game that made me a PC gamer for life :p

8. Cooknn macrumors 68020

Cooknn

Hat's off to Blizzard

Blizzard ROCKS. Both Mac and PC versions are on the same media for World of Warcraft and both platforms play together on-line. I wish more developers would take this extra step. Maybe now that the Mac is making headway in popularity we'll start to see more of this.

BTW - Check out the top selling desktop computers on Amazon.Com

Maybe we're closer than we thought...

9. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

Aspyr and Macsoft (amongst other companies) use a company called Westlake Interactive (www.westlakeinteractive.com) to port over games. This one's perhaps the most well-known of the many software houses that produce the code for Mac games - and they do a pretty amazing job of it, too!

On their site, you can see a list of their up-and-coming titles, as well as their past work...

10. JzzTrump22 macrumors 65816

Can't think of the others. I think the only games i have are made by Aspyr and Macsoft.

11. Santaduck macrumors 6502a

Santaduck