'Who Can Manage Projects Like a Pro?'

Discussion in 'Community' started by Mr. Monsieur, May 25, 2004.

1. Mr. Monsieur macrumors 6502

Is anyone else as annoyed as I am by the new Office:Mac ad at the top of this page? I KNOW that advertising is necessary on such sites...but couldn't Microsoft have come up with something less annoying? Every time I see the ad it makes me want to download Open Office! :D

2. Laslo Panaflex macrumors 65816

Laslo Panaflex

yeah it's pretty annoying to see that little dude bouncing around on top of the screen in my peripherial vision. But, I could always contribute to macrumors and get rid of the adds, at least that is my understanding.

3. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Browsing from FireFox at the moment with Adblock extension installed. I don't see may ads anymore, that one included :)

4. Mr. Monsieur thread starter macrumors 6502

Sounds good to me...that's very generous!... ;) ...but seriously, I think it would require a Gatesian or Jobsian contribution (errr...Jobsian, I'd guess!) to enable macrumors to run ad-free! My problem isn't advertising as such...just that annoying flash-ad...admittedly, if it was an ad for a new PB G5 it would be slightly less annoying...but only slightly!

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

That little guy in the purple suit is quite annoying.....

but don't worry, sometime soon another add will replace it. Just hope its not any worse :D

D

6. Giaguara macrumors 6502a

heh. pretty terrible ad. :p

i see it in shiira ... i wish pithhelmet was shiira-compatible. or i'll just install the adblocker..

7. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

It's better than their Virtual PC advertisement where the iMac monitor jumped up and down spastically.

8. CmdrLaForge macrumors 68040

CmdrLaForge

Where is that ad ? And why is it saying manage project like a pro ? I mean there is no Microsoft Project available for the Mac.

9. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Not from the forums (note that I have paid!) You can get rid of the front page adds though.

10. cjc343 macrumors 6502

Per Arn's request, I did not block ads on this page, although I didn't click on any either... until I saw that ad... The annoying guy bouncing all over annoyed me so much that I blocked it... and all the other ads....

Tell me when it is gone, I will unblock them, but until it is, the top of my screen stays ad free.....

11. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

I think they've built some 'Project' fuctionality into the new Entourage.

12. radhak macrumors regular

Nice coincidence : i was looking to stop my browser from playing Flash just for this advt when i saw this thread! shows how much that ad irritates...

Does anybody have any idea how i can stop Flash from running on IE (i am at work, so Wintel machines, and no other browser available :( ) ? Maybe i'll uninstall the plugin itself ?

13. cjc343 macrumors 6502

I have a Cascading Style Sheet that stops the images from appearing that works with most browsers. Guess which it doesn't work with? IE. Guess which browser has trouble with it? Safari.

I'll be happy to post the file.... or the code... if someone wants it....

Edit: It stops MOST ads from working... it occasionally blocks a legit picture too...