who drive their car with the music up high?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by 2nyRiggz, Jan 6, 2006.

1. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

with that favorite cd in the player and shades on....hair blowing in the smog thinking you look so cool. how many people blast the music from their car and sing along with it?

Bless

2. puckhead193 macrumors G3

puckhead193

i don't, but i hate people who do... esp when they get their car all pimped out with the subs and stuff... its really obnoxious

3. Koodauw macrumors 68040

Koodauw

I like to listen to my music pretty loud, but then again I do have a my Entire trunk covered with dynamat so most of the sound is contained within. And its really more about the energy of the music than feeling cool.

4. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Today, I was listening to Queen ("Don't Stop me now")and dancing on the way to the fabric store. I was at a stoplight and dancing like there's no tomorrow.
    (I have hand motions and everything. I'm so good.)

People in the cars surrounding me started dancing too, but I think they were mocking instead of joining along.

So, I switched it to "Take your mama" by the scissor sisters and ignored them. I started to dance bigger and more expressively than with the Queen.
    (it was a long stoplight.)

HECK YEA, I'M COOL.

It wasn't so loud other cars could hear it though. That's a little dangerous for my taste. Can't hear honking or sirens or "OMG STOP RUNNING ME OVER".

5. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

yesturday i had my sisters car and i was blasting scott stapp in the car. my sister car is kit up and ready for the blast...it was fun but i had to turn it down...got a little carried away...doing the head banging thing as well:rolleyes:

Bless

6. Macaddicttt macrumors 6502a

Macaddicttt

The volume knob in my car is really finicky. If I move it, the sound will cut out of one or more speakers. Unfortunately the only volume it works on is rather loud, but I don't mind. So the answer to the question is, loud when I'm listening to the radio and somewhere between moderate and loud when I'm using the iPod. I do enjoy really blasting classical music, though. You get some good looks from other people.

7. cwright macrumors 6502a

I always listen to it all the way up. I spent about $1,000 upgrading the sound system in my car so I have to get my money's worth. :)

And for those that hate subwoofers in cars, I just put in one 10" sub to fill in the low end... I think the people who buy 2 12" subs just to show off are a little annoying too.

By the way, 2nyRiggz, I think the Scott Stapp CD is awesome too :)

8. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

I crank the music pretty high. I spend a lot of time in the car (50% of my job) so I need some good tunes to keep me awake. I don't drive a pimped out car though, and I usually have the windows up (and the air conditioning cranked). :)

9. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Mmmm... I have a senior recital playlist and one of the pieces on it just rocks SO HARD.
    BRAHMS I blast. MENDELSSOHN also gets blasted. Passacaglia (Handel-Halvorsen), Saint-saens 3rd...
    Mmm...

Also, if you haven't heard the Heiftz arrangement of the March from the Love for three oranges by Prokofiev, ZOMG. Drive near me some time, and you'll hear it out my windows. It's such a good piece. (The octaves are totally kicking my butt, though.)

Once, my friend and I drove to the store playing the Russian Easter Overture on FULL BLAST. It was good. We both kind of stumbled out of the car, half-deaf after it, haha.

Oh, classical music, I love you!

10. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

They've got nothing on Khachaturian's Sabre Dance. Of course, this can only be played whilst wearing a leather driving cap and possibly driving goggles. :D

I may or may not have a CD devoted to this pastime in my car...

11. Phat_Pat macrumors 68000

Phat_Pat

i have my iPod hooked up directly to my stereo in my car and during christmas time i would blast christmas music scoot my seat back all the way do the whole arm extension roll all the windows down and bob my head to the beat of jingle bells.

i rode by schools and stuff and i just got looked at weird

but yeah some music i do and some i don't... its just depends on the type

12. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

Good stuff. I have rabbit ears, so I can hear just about everything as loud and mentally orchestrated. I even leave the beginning of the third movement of Beethoven's 5th at level 2, but can't resist to crank it up when the full orchestra shows up.

13. mcarnes macrumors 68000

mcarnes

I've been doing that too much lately. Nothing like Metallica from the 80's to blow off steam. Yeah, I'm old.

14. xsedrinam macrumors 601

xsedrinam

My 18 year old son still thinks they're awesome, but he's a music major.

15. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

[​IMG]
    mad jew, is that you?

16. joepunk macrumors 68030

joepunk

Yes, I do have the volume fairly high when I am in my auto. And at times I sing along.

17. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

katie ta achoo, I already said you can't post our private pics here. :eek:

18. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

Sorry, I forgot.. I was too busy listening to the Pet Shop Boys really loud while I was wardriving. completely slipped my mind. :eek:

19. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I wuz blastin Chrissmas beatz from the 2-door hatch just a few weeks ago, bitches.

20. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

You were going to the fabric store; hence, no matter what you were listening to, it wasn't cool. :p

21. katie ta achoo macrumors G3

but.. but... I needed ribbon to finish my recital dress.

IT'S SO PINK!

*turns up Ben Folds real loud*
    I can't hear you, neener neener!
    *dances*

22. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

*screams "I luv you, Katie!" but disappointed that she can't hear him*

*Greenspan calls Katie's mobile and offers her a job working for him directly, but she can't hear her phone ring*

Wow, too bad she couldn't hear. She threw so much away. ;)

23. crdean1 macrumors 6502a

crdean1

I listen to it loud, but with the windows up. Like blasting david gray or snow patrol. :)

24. iGary Guest

iGary

Most people hate riding along with me because it's always Rush, and I'm always playing the air bass pretending I'm Geddy Lee. :eek: :eek: :D

25. 2nyRiggz thread starter macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

its always good to have people stare at you when you try to sing AND singing louder than the radio volume...yup good stuff

Bless