Who else feels sorry for Arn?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Stelliform, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Stelliform macrumors 68000

Stelliform

That he has to spend his vacation moderating posts on Gore and Gore again.

But I run a small company, so I know his pain.....

2. vniow macrumors G4

That would have been an excellent discussion if there weren't a bunch of immature asses that couldn't keep their fingers from typing.[​IMG]

Two members that registered just to reply to that thread were banned, it's a sad thread really.

I think that a lot of people are just twitchy about current events and such so they lashed out at this particular incident, not that it's an excuse or anything but whatever.

3. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

wow thats crazy, i just said my little comment on the forum and never went back. im noticing how a lot of these war forums are tearing people apart as well. well these are the responsibilites when you have your own site, even if you are on vacation.

iJon

4. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

I am thinking about asking if he can set it so New users cannot post to News and politics. This is a Mac site. Make new users post only to Mac discussions for a while....

I have seen several threads messed up like you are saying..

5. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

yeah i know what you mean, i remember i was a newb like a year ago and i came onto the site like a bigshot, really stupid of me, iwas also 15 but anyways ive learned to respect people and i earned my way up all the people with over 500 posts with the acaters seem to respect each other more.

iJon

6. Stelliform thread starter macrumors 68000

Stelliform

That is my thinking. They have something to lose if they step out of line. The Newbies do not... And it is very easy to step out of line in a political thread.

7. Sun Baked macrumors G5

Sun Baked

Sort of funny how many people have been complaining real LOUD about the enforcement of the rules, and the closing of the threads.

Save the Political Forum...

Save the Geek Sex Thread...

Save the WarCraft beta hack thread...

Don't kill the Poop thread...

Kill the Noobs thread...

etc.

--- edit ugly grammer to bad grammer...

8. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

You've certainly shown yourself to be a good citizen. :)

I would hate to think that people can't restrain themselves at any age, but it appears this way so often.

I wonder if they'd had my parents, both of whom were in the Navy, if they would still be acting so senselessly.

Arn, you have my vote for patience of the year.

9. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i remember when i was a newbie i didn't disrespect anyone, and i still don't do that to this day. those people got to not do that. that is irresponsible and immature. i would never do that.

10. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

thanks man, i feel i come to this site with a great deal of info to help out mac people at my age of 17. ive also met lots of cool people here and my buddy list is filled with people from new zealand and britain from this site.i finally passed my 1000 mark and i was really happy. the people here are the only mac people i get a chance to talk to than the people i work with. although i am slowly converting some of my friends.

iJon

11. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

actually...we Moderators have been playing babysitter mostly while arn's been gone...

I've resorted to shutting down half a dozen threads last night alone because a lot of members cannot act like adults and refrain from namecalling & b.s....

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I've been shutting a few down as well. There has been more need to do it lately, which is odd. But I was off at the airport and not on line when all this current stuff started happening.

D :rolleyes:

13. Roger1 macrumors 65816

Roger1

Geeez! I thought I had problems with staying on topic:D Ah well. It's good that thread got shut down. I don't dig slinging personal insults.

14. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

My hope would be that arn would turn the day to day operation of Mac Forum to the moderators. I would hate to see his marriage get off to a bad start, because his full attention is not on his lovely new bride. It seems that the younger generation just can't turn off the work button not matter what! :(

15. arn macrumors god

arn

Staff Member

banning

the mods have my blessing to ban anyone who throws out a personal insult. even the first offense. we'll sort 'em out later.

be back on Sunday.

arn

16. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Okay okay, all moderators have a tough job, not just Arn.

After opping an IRC channel, I understand this a little too well. :D

17. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

Re: banning

Good for you arn. Please focus on your lovely new bride. You can nerver really have another honeymoon. I know that the moderators are fully capable of controlling us if we get out of line. For your futures sake, please don't think about us! ;)

18. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

so are you gonna post us some pictures of your wedding or all of us gonna have to keep thinking what you may look like.

iJon

19. vniow macrumors G4

arn has said in another thread that he would rather not have pictures be shown.

20. iJon macrumors 604

iJon

i completly understand, if i were him i wouldnt show pictures of myself either. people would be jerks and stuff and say can i have a piece of your wife or something, very smart move on arns part not posting pictures.

iJon

21. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

I can understand, but I do feel left out that some got to see pictures of his wedding. Because I was not on at the time, got left out of the loop. :(

22. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

Re: banning

glad u have faith in us... ;)

hope u enjoy yourself man... :D

23. vniow macrumors G4

You're probably right although I think his stance on not posting pics comes from other motives.......

[​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG][​IMG]

24. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

ouch... :eek:

there's many more than that too...

I don't mind...I think it's rather comical...but I could understand not wanting to have my wedding photos on this site... :eek: ;)

25. G4scott macrumors 68020

G4scott

Yes, posting pictures of yourself, much less your wife on MacRumors is suicide. Just ask eye ;)

I'd say why I think these flames and off-topic posts keep coming around, but it would attack some people, and I'm afraid that I would get banned :eek:

Lets just say that it has to deal with political views...

Although there are also many isolated cases of tech-nerds having pissing contests...