Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

nateDEEZY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2007
San Francisco, CA
Not so annoying, but a bit worrisome. I'm a compulsive buyer in regards to iTunes, if there's a CD or a movie/show I absolutely want to see right then and there I'll buy it, and I'll do this multiple times through out the week. I'll receive a few receipts with the individual purchases then later on I'll get them all compiled on one receipt making it seem as though they're charging me again. It's always forcing me to look at my bank statements just to make sure it's not happening.

Anyone else experience this from receiving receipts from iTunes in your email?

ezzie

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2006
Baltimore, MD
Anyone else experience this from receiving receipts from iTunes in your email?

i don't buy on a regular enough basis to get combined receipts like you get, but i get annoyed with my receipts because the e-mails come a few days after i've purchased my tunes, and by then i just don't want to deal with opening the e-mail and moving it to my saved iTunes Receipts folder. :p call me lazy...

nateDEEZY

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Jan 24, 2007
San Francisco, CA
i don't buy on a regular enough basis to get combined receipts like you get, but i get annoyed with my receipts because the e-mails come a few days after i've purchased my tunes, and by then i just don't want to deal with opening the e-mail and moving it to my saved iTunes Receipts folder. :p call me lazy...

You could call me lazy as well! Haha. I don't even organize my emails in to separate folders, I just search. It would make it a helluv a lot easier to put the itunes receipts into separate folders, as well as other docs. Haha.

Thanks for the idea!

TheAnswer

macrumors 68030
Jan 25, 2002
Orange County, CA

You could create a rule to have Mail automatically move it to your iTunes Receipts folder for you (heck, you could even "mark as read" and just have them stored there without thinking about it).

ezzie

macrumors 68020
Sep 7, 2006
Baltimore, MD
You could create a rule to have Mail automatically move it to your iTunes Receipts folder for you (heck, you could even "mark as read" and just have them stored there without thinking about it).

yeah, but i suck a whole bunch and don't use Mail. :eek: i have a Yahoo address and i don't like the way Mail handles my Yahoo messages. maybe someday i'll get with the program!

Gymnut

macrumors 68000
Apr 18, 2003
Or to double check on Apple's end you can select your account name on the right hand side of the itunes store, enter in your password, and select the View Account button. Midway through the Apple Account Information screen is a secton with your Purchase History. Voila to confirm.

runplaysleeprun

macrumors 6502a
Jul 27, 2004
Chicago, IL
It confuses me as well. I buy the occasional track, and when the receipt arrives a few days later, I have to try to think if I had drunk-bought songs the night before.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.