Who Gets iLife '04?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by brhmac, Feb 3, 2004.

1. brhmac macrumors regular

Just bought a 12-inch iBook (G4). Will I get iLife '04?

Can't tell from the Apple Web site. It lists availability for iLife as January '04 and then talks about people who buy qualifying computers after Jan. 6 can update to iLife '04 for $19.95. The list includes every computer Apple makes, including the dual 2 Ghz G5.

I thought iLife '04 was to be included with ALL new Apple computers. Am I mistaken?

Anyone who bought a new Apple know? I bought my computer direct from Apple. Will that make a difference?

Thanks.

2. Kingsnapped macrumors 6502a

Kingsnapped

It may or may not be preinstalled, it depends on how old that particular machiene is. If you doin't have it, you should be able to bug them for a free copy. Just remind them that Jobs said something along the lines of "every new mac" in the keynote.
    Enjoy your mac!

3. brhmac thread starter macrumors regular

The answer is yes....

iLife '04 ships with the new iBooks. On a separate cd. :)

Now, if only I had the musical talent to use GarageBand.

4. cocopelli macrumors member

What????

I just bought last week a new PowerMac(I couldnt wait any longer). Anyway I couldnt find anywhere on the websight where it said the PowerMacs came with ilife, so I went ahead and ordered it. ilife is here but the CPU hasnt arrived now Im gonna have two copies ahhhh. They need to do a better job of keeping there included software page updated.

5. Icedog macrumors member

Was just on the Apple Store website... they have a bit graphical banner stating that All New Macs ship w/ iLife04

Yippie!

6. Le Big Mac macrumors 68020

Le Big Mac

Re: What????

Just return it. Did you open the box before your computer came?

7. Spizzo macrumors 6502

When i talked to a Apple store rep last week, she said that they were still 50/50 as far as pre-installed/included. If you order one, and it's not included, you can go to apple.com/ilife there is a link in the upper right "iLife '04 up to date program" where you can purchase the "free" program for 20 bucks.

I just ordered a PB, and if it's not included, i just plan to complain till i get it for free.

Well, the CEO said.......:p

[Edit] Actually, i was confused, i talked to the apple rep on tues. of this week.