Who got a lemon 3G? Who got a perfect one?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by cyberone, Jul 16, 2008.

1. macrumors regular

Scary reports about dead pixels, dust under the screen and cheap finishings ...

The majority out there has no issues?

2. macrumors 6502

3. macrumors regular

mine its perfect!:D
    except for the slow 3G speeds :(

4. macrumors 6502

I received a lemon on Friday, wouldn't connect to the network for ****, sim was replaced, etc, etc, etc.

Got mine replaced on the spot, and now its perfect ;)

5. macrumors member

6. macrumors newbie

I have a lemon one,

Dust under the screen, marks on the edges and light beams out between the glass & the chrome!!!! :mad:

7. macrumors regular

Mine's perfect :) 8GB black. And teh 3G speeds is amazingly fast.. 3,6mbit/s almost wherever I am in my city.

8. macrumors 604

mcdj

9. macrumors regular

I had a lemon, non-working speaker and headphone jack. Returned for a new one.

10. macrumors 65816

Fingers crossed mine seems absolutely fine, I only got it a few hours ago though so who know what might happen.
    If theres a hint of dust under the screen the thing is going back.. (how the hell would it even get in?!).

11. macrumors newbie

lemon...My ringer switch broke right off when I tried to switch it to vibrate...returned it, got a brand new one, its perfect now.

12. macrumors newbie

Perfect here. No scratches, no smudges under the screen, no cracks, no technical issues, and no loose switches.

(16GB White)

13. macrumors regular

Picked my black 16gig up on Monday and all looks and works well .. very impressed so far. Just wish there weren't so many goodies in the app store, I need a 32gig :D

14. macrumors regular

15. macrumors member

Worked perfect

Mine has been working great since Friday 12pm :D

Black 16 GB

16. macrumors regular

PDACPA

Mine was DOA. Screen would not respond, but you could hear it ring. I was in the Apple store, but had to go through an entire return at the Genius bar since the sim had been activated.

New one is working fine.

17. WHM
    macrumors regular

PERFECT..... 16Gb Black..... had the original and thought that was awesome.... this one is unbelievable. Really fast 3 G.....

18. macrumors member

I have a lemon, rattles when on vibrate, i'll return it next week some time for a replacement.

19. macrumors 6502a

gcmexico

weird situation here

the first one I got 8gb black, kept on stalling when I would go to contacts...it would freeze a good 10 secs before I could scroll...I thought it was defective, my 1st generation never stalled on me...took it back got a new one, but same problem, but it only stalls 3 secs now...anyone else having this issue, when you switch to contacts, it takes a couple of seconds to be able to scroll, it's very annoying, maybe it's a bug on all fons?:(

20. macrumors member

21. macrumors 65816

PoitNarf

First one died after 36 hours, got "Repair needed, unable to make or receive phone calls" error message on the phone and after that it pretty much quit working. Was unable to restore the software on it.

Got a replacement at the Apple store just 2 days ago and it's been chugging along fine so far...

22. macrumors newbie

I got a 16GB Black, working beautifully.

Roommate also got a 16GB Black but his has had much worse battery life and has a group of dim pixels in the middle of the screen

I was 5th in line, he was 6th. Phew.

23. macrumors 6502a

24. macrumors member

carlitol

My 16GB was acting sluggish when SMS and a few other things. Called Apple and had to re-install the software and new firm ware. Works great so far. Don't forget to sinc your contacts and calender with outlook if you are on a PC before you try it though.

25. macrumors member

There's something wrong with my speaker that makes incoming voices, rings, etc., sound rattley and distorted when I'm on my talking phone. I'm hoping to swap it out this weekend.

Otherwise, it's wonderful, and my husband's is perfect.