Who had the CS2s for sale?

Discussion in 'Marketplace Archive 2' started by Chef Medeski, Jul 19, 2006.

1. macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

I wanted a copy of the Adobe CS2 from the guy who was closing his business, but I can't find hid thread. Anyone remember what thread it was or who the user was? Or if the guy can just contact me.

2. macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

I forget who it was, but it got locked and removed. Presumably there was something the mods didn't like about the sale (ie: it may not have been legal).

3. macrumors 68000

amacgenius

Wrong, Doctor Q locked the thread due to the OP not being qualified for the Marketplace due to him having less than 100 posts, not because the goods were/weren't legal.

I just can't remember OPs username or find where the thread went, sorry.

4. macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Excellent. I had checked the Wasteland right after, but I didn't see the post there (so I had to guess). Though I don't really understand why people with less than 100 posts even have the ability to start threads in the marketplace :confused:

Glad to hear that there's nothing fishy going on. :D

5. macrumors 68000

amacgenius

6. macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

I do believe you are correct, sir. I would totally buy one except I only really use Photoshop and already have CS2 for that.

7. Moderator emeritus

devilot

I'm guessing because that member has contributed so his title sort of threw the site for a loop?

8. macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

Ah. I hadn't thought about contributing not giving you a free pass to post. I guess it's fine, but I think perhaps we should let contributors post where they want since the reason for the restriction is to get people involved in the community first (and if you give money, I think you are committed). Oh well. Not a big enough deal for me to bring it up in the Site Comment forum.

9. macrumors 6502a

Maxwell Smart

I think what happens, is A) either the members posts in the wrong forum and a mod moves it to the marketplace without checking his post count, or B) He had 100 or more posts, but enough of his posts were deleted to lower it down to below 100

10. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

I bought one from him. I sent him a PM right when the thread was posted.

11. Moderator emeritus

devilot

It's NOT. Why do you think his thread was closed? ;)

Being a contributor doesn't mean you don't follow forum rules.

12. macrumors 68000

baby duck monge

That's what I said. I was saying that I hadn't thought about the fact that it didn't get you out of following the rules. Probably because the vast majority of contributors have plenty of posts regardless. I just went on to say that perhaps that rule could be changed for them because they are obviously contributing (for lack of a better word) to the community which is the point of the post reqs, I think.

13. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

I can't seem to find the thread where I purchased CS2, but I just wanted to inform everyone that I have recieved my copy. I installed it. It works great. The only thing is it doesn't ask me to activate it. That part is all greyed out. I was told by the seller that this would occur. I just don't know why. I'm not 100% sure on the legality of it all, but it seems to be legit. It works great. If anyone can direct to me to the thread where these copies were for sale I'll update everyone there.

14. macrumors 6502a

elfin buddy

How did you receive your copy? Is it on an official Adobe set of CD's, or a burned set?

You could probably check the legality of it by contacting Adobe and asking them about it.

15. macrumors 65816

mark!

Retail requires activation. Enterprise doesn't.

16. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

This was a volume licencing version. It was the version you download off of the internet. I was sent a burned DVD that had all the files that were downloaded off of the internet. So it must be the enterprise version that was mentioned.

17. macrumors 6502a

kevin.rivers

Do you know if he still has any left? Thanks.

18. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

I believe he does. I can't find the original thread though. I contacted Adobe to make sure that my transaction has been legal. If they affirm that it was then it would be a good idea to find this guy and buy them from him quick.

19. macrumors 6502a

kevin.rivers

How much were they? I never saw the thread.

20. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

$150.

21. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

I received a set too and it worked great.

Much thanks.

22. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

No doubt. It work's perfectly. I'm just concerned about the legality because my wife is going to want to use it for her photography business.

23. thread starter macrumors 6502a

Chef Medeski

Well, mine came with a serial number. So, if there is no one else using that serial number it is completely legal. I mean each serial number ensures one copy of the software as property. Property can be sold, traded, or replaced... as long as it is not duplicated in any shape and form (if its copy righted or a patent, without the consent of the patent wielding individual; if not... well its freethink). So... it is legal as long as the serial numbers are unique, which the seller has assured me they are. He said if I every came upon a problem, I could return them for a full refund.

24. macrumors regular

craigatkinson

Unfortunately it's not so simple. Adobe has a whole section on their webpage describing different ways of pirating software. To be fair, I didn't read anything that made me feel that this deal isn't legal. I'm only playing on the safe side.

25. macrumors regular

chrismccorkle

Hello. I was the one selling the copies, but the thread was shut down due to an unsettling feeling created by comments of skeptical users. The thread environment turned hostile because of how 'too good to be true' the deal was. It is very unfortunate that insecure MR members have to ruin it for those just trying to get a good deal.

I still have them for sale. As you can tell, the folks who bought a copy are happy.

Message me if you'd like one.