Who has ordered OSX.2 so far?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by evildead, Aug 11, 2002.

?

How many of you orded OS X.2 all ready?

1. Ordered it all ready

25 vote(s)
    56.8%
  2. Not going to

2 vote(s)
    4.5%
  3. Ill get it when It hits store shelves

17 vote(s)
    38.6%
  1. evildead macrumors 65816

evildead

How many of you have ordered OS X.2 so fare. I orded mine All ready.

Attached Files:

2. firewire2001 macrumors 6502a

howd you get it for 69 bucks?

is that the education discount?

im gettin mine from amazon.com -- i ordered when the 50 dollar rebate was still in effect...

-f

3. billiam0878 macrumors 6502

I purchased my copy with edu discount as well... Wouldn't it be nice if they shipped ahead of schedule? :)

Bill

4. sparkleytone macrumors 68020

sparkleytone

5. evildead thread starter macrumors 65816

evildead

edu

yes... with the EDU discount. And yes... I paid for shippin.. it was only $5 more.. and hey.. I want it fast.

6. Ensign Paris macrumors 68000

Ensign Paris

I ordered my 2 copies shortly after the keynote, well, on the friday, because on the friday my work bought 2 new Quicksilvers (DP1ghz) so I can get it for $19.

Ensign

7. phgreer macrumors regular

phgreer

They won't come get you if you get the educational discount but are not a teacher or a student? Well to tell the truth my wife is a teacher but we sort of share the iBook and use it mostly at home. She did her lesson plans on it. She plans on taking it to school with her to use but we also will be using it for our home business as well. Seriouly they won't come get us will they? :confused:

I mean it will be used for "educational purposes" sometimes but not other times. Is this ok?

Actually I would get my wife to get it for us without a thought but I'm sort of speaking for my wife who is extremely "by the book".

8. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

yeah, you'll be fine

they don't really check a whole lot for edu purchases.... i'm guessing they're more apt to check for big hardware buys than one copy of os x.2

and it doesn't have to be used just for educational purposes...

i would order it but right around that time i'll be moving back to school. and i don't know my addy there... so i'm not sure if i should send it home but then i might miss it... i think i'll just pick it up from the apple store. can you get an edu discount at the retail store?

9. cleo macrumors 65816

cleo

I echo Jello's question: can you get the edu discount if you go to the physical Apple Store? I'm really debating whether I should order it online or be at the Tampa store when it opens on the 24th. Those of you who live near an Apple Store, what are you going to do?

10. Geert macrumors 6502a

Geert

I'll be in the store on the 24th, purchasing my copy.

11. AlphaTech macrumors 601

AlphaTech

I was talking with a fellow I know at [in]compusa over the weekend and venting about the damned software coupons that came with my new TiBook as well as the full retail version of 10.1 that I purchased. He told me that he would put aside a copy of 10.2 for me (he has actually done things like that in the past for me, great guy) and told me to bring the coupons when I come in on the 24th. Sounds like he is going to work a deal for me... Hell, if he can take ANYTHING off the retail cost, I will be happy.

I know where the coupons are that came with the TiBook, now I just need to locate the ones that came with 10.1... IF (huge IF) he can do anything on the price, I will let everyone know...

12. saabmp3 macrumors 6502a

Well, I'm going to get my copy of 10.2 when it comes out with the "Up-To-Date" program. Can I do this at a retail store? Otherwaie, I'm going to have to wait until I get my address in the dorms to get the package.

BEN

13. evildead thread starter macrumors 65816

evildead

it Shipped...

I just got this email from Apple. It shipped on the 19th

Apple Computer, Inc. INVOICE RECEIPT

Please remit to:
    FOR YOUR RECORDS ONLY

Customer Number Invoice Number
    XXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXX

Reference Date 08/03/02

Amount Due .00

Please Reference Apple's Invoice Number on Your Remittance

Sold To: Ship To:
    evildead evildead
    XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX
    XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXXXXXX
    USA USA

________________________________________________________________________________
    Customer Number Customer P.O. Number Sales Order Number
    XXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX XXXXXXXXXXX

Invoice Number Invoice Date Terms
    XXXXXXXXXXX 08/03/02 Credit Card
    ________________________________________________________________________________

Item Product Product Total Total Unit Extended
    Number Description Ordered Shipped Price Price

002 SHIPPING14 EXPEDITED SHIPPING CHARGE 1 1 5.00 5.00

Subtotal 5.00

Tax 0.00

Shipping Charges

TOTAL USD 5.00
    DO NOT PAY
    If you have any questions, please call (800) 676-2775
    Salesperson Contact Entry Date Ship Date Routing Waybill Number
    BD 08/01/02 08/19/02 FEDERAL EX
    Shipped From:
    F/G Distribution Center
    Elk Grove, Ca 95758

Web Order Number: XXXXXXXXXXX

Billed To: Credit Card

14. goglamosh macrumors member

The physical, Apple retail stores do offer education discounts.

15. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

16. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

So sad....it's not shipped yet :( :D
    And £10 to ship a stupid little (light) box on a 3-5 day deleivery service is an outrage!!!!
    Hell, I don't think most couriers would charge that much for a next day service (allthough I could be wrong, I can't be asked to check).

Attached Files:

17. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

this is all i received from apple about my order on the 26th of july....it already had a tracking number but fedex still can't find it. kind of odd that it had a tracking number so early.

18. GetSome681 macrumors regular

I'd be careful if I were u. I got busted hard from apple. Believe me, they have auditors. But do whatever you want.

19. evildead thread starter macrumors 65816

evildead

GetSome is right... they do check into it sometimes. Your wife is a Teacher... so... she gets the discount. I bet you can even order it in your name and get away with it from Apple (even if they call you) Just to be safe you should order it in your wifes name. She gets the discount. Read the Apple EDU discount page just to be sure. I am a student and I don't ONLY use my Mac or my software for ONLY for EDU.

-evildead

20. evildead thread starter macrumors 65816

evildead

You know what is strange is that when I go to the Apple site to check on my order it says that it is "parshaly shipped" What ever that means. I only have one thing on order. The apple sent me says that it shipped on the 19th. I got an email afew days before that that said it would ship by the 20th so it would be at my door by the 24th. I paid for shipping so it should be there faster than that.

Any one else getting get anything from apple?

evildead

21. Draft macrumors 6502

I think that you have to order it off of the web site. But, that was before the Apple stores were around.

Draft

22. Draft macrumors 6502

I'm only a student for about another week, but I still ordered it with the education discount. I think that that should be cool. Right?

Draft

23. Draft macrumors 6502

Mine says partially shipped, but it also says that my copy of Jaguar has not shipped yet, and that is all that I ordered.

Also, my credit card shows only a $5.30 shipping charge to it?? It hasn't been charged for the entire cost of $78?? Has this happened to anyone else?

Thanks,
    Draft

24. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

notice under the oder information for ITEM it says
    why does mine say that and most peoples' say "RETAIL"

what is the difference? is it because i got the "up-to-date" upgrade since i purchased my mac after the 17 and it didn't come with 10.2?

:confused:

Attached Files:

25. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

yeah. i think the flmnt stands for "fulfillment" which is what it said for my order of idvd 2.1.... it's basically an upgrade, though it may not be an upgrade disc.... so, you're getting an upgrade cause you had access to it, ie, bought the computer after 17th. but i could be wrong...