Who has read the entire "Mac moving to Intel" thread?

Discussion in 'Community' started by wordmunger, Jun 11, 2005.

1. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

It's at 2,695 posts and counting (link). I think I gave up at around 200 posts. I looked at the end of the thread today and, remarkably, it still seems to be on topic!

Anyone read the whole thing?

2. ----Bowie---- macrumors regular

No

I stopped on page 2. I can't stand all the talk about this, it's the only thing people are talking about. I'm going to wait and see the finish product before I judge if its good or bad.

3. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    I made it up to Tuesday and then it, although on topic, it had degenerated into the same questions/answers/comments/diatribes/FUD/spurious speculation (already rebutted) being repeated every second page so I gave up...

4. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

The whole thread is the first 2 pages repeated x number of times, I'm sure.

But I haven't read it so I could be wrong :).

scem0

5. Mitthrawnuruodo Moderator emeritus

Mitthrawnuruodo

6. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

I was on vacation when all this mess happened so I haven't really read any of it.
    Basically everyone is just repeating probably because we only have so much information. I have no intention of even starting to read it and if you notice, I tend to shy away from huge threads.

7. Xtremehkr macrumors 68000

Xtremehkr

I try to follow the ongoing discussion by those who really seem to know what they are talking about. Unfortunately it gets diluted by so many who ask a question that has been asked 30 times before, or make a statement that has been made over and over again.

8. combatcolin macrumors 68020

combatcolin

Unless you have actually posted and someone is arguing/debating/flaming/trolling with you, then theres nothing really to intrest you.

I've lost count of the times a topic has intrested me but the post count is in the hundreds.

9. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

Riiiiight!

You know its bad when there are threads about threads.....

D

10. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

That's one amazingly huge thread, though. Sometimes I wonder if there's any serious insight in there, but I guess I'll never know because I simply don't have the patience to read it all. Apparently, neither does anyone else.

11. dotdotdot macrumors 68020

I read the first two posts - does that count?

12. nw43 macrumors regular

not yet, but I'll probably do it right now as I'm supposed to be writing a job application letter ;)

13. runninmac macrumors 65816

runninmac

I tired then just gave up. I would have probobly read more of them if I wouldn't of had exams to study for.

14. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I figure I can learn all I need to know about the Intel Apple move by reading one of the hundreds of threads at MR asking the same questions, quoting Steve and engineering/design execs, etc.

I didn't even bother watching the Keynote until today. Not as long as I thought it was gonna be, either. :)

15. nw43 macrumors regular

In my case that would have meant all the more reason to read it through. How come I've been 'writing' this all day yet only seem to have produced a few lines? :confused:

16. pinto32 macrumors 6502

I read about 5 or 6 pages, and stopped when I finally realized that it was just useless ranting. I guess thats what most posts are, but I guess there was just too high a concentration for me to handle.

17. EssentialParado macrumors 65816

Heh, yeah.

It's a shame of the amount of posts actually. I can't make any meaningful discussion or points because I don't know if they've been made already. But even if I did, like anyone is gonna read them.

-Luke

18. StarbucksSam macrumors 65816

StarbucksSam

19. wordmunger thread starter macrumors 603

wordmunger

I keep waiting for some sleep-deprived nutso to post to this thread claiming they've read the whole thing. That would be hilarious.

20. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

and if you think the intel/mac thread is hard to follow, imagine the drunk thread.....

one of the reasons it was finally shut down.

D

21. Freg3000 macrumors 68000

Freg3000

I normally can get myself through those types of threads when I begin reading as the thread is born, and can read it through to the end. Every few hours or so I'll check back and read up on the next handful of posts, but when the first time you come across a thread and it has 600 posts it is very intimidating.

Also, I think it is the most replied to thread following only the Power Mac 2.5 GHz/iMac G5 shipping threads, which are filled with people tracking their orders and posting every time Fed Ex updates the tracking. :) I don't think of those too highly in terms of "pure" post count.

Whether it be 3rd or 1st, the Intel thread is huge and keeps growing for sure.

22. sacear macrumors 6502

sacear

There's a "Mac moving to Intel" thread?

Is that a rumor around here or something?

;)

23. efoto macrumors 68030

There were a few during the big annoucnment, but I think I read this one to around page 20 or something, not sure. I was posting/following the WWDC 2005 thread through the whole duration of its life though, which had much of the same content once the keynote actually ended.

At this point with the pages at 69 (actually if they stop posting now and it stays at 69 I might read it just for humors sake) I will probably never glance in there ever again. It is simply too much content to cover, and much of it reitterations of the first 2-5 pages.

24. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

And that's why there was a version 2 ;)

Fun stuff :)

25. MacRy macrumors 68040

MacRy

I lost the will to live after the first few pages. There's only so much repetition a man can take....