Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MrMacMan

macrumors 604
Jul 4, 2001
1 Block away from NYC.
I guess I would update my tar...

If I made it...

haha or had hi-quality smilies...

You see, if I just make it bigger they look like crapola... :eek:

Yeah... I like Mr. A's fireworks and vniow's Monty Python skit... hehe.

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
stoid said:
ditto

how can you NOT love her?!? (Guess what's on MY desktop? :p )
Glad to hear it!
smilie_drool.gif

TBR

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2004
Blackpool - England
It sickens me to ask such a simple question, but how do you add an avator?
It's not like I've never had one before but I can't figure out this forum? Feel a bit of a fool!

Awimoway

macrumors 68000
Sep 13, 2002
California
angrylawngnome said:
Awimoway, always cool to have one related to something you've done. Plus, it's just cool lookin'. :)

Actually, I didn't make the little movie. It's just something I found that fits my handle.

Anyway, I've updated my avatar. Hopefully it's not so scary now.

CmdrLaForge

macrumors 601
Feb 26, 2003
around the world
I liked Mr. Andersons old one. The Einstein Tar.

I guess there are only 300 Tar members at the moment. I have no idea how to do that, but maybe its possible to list them all and then make the poll ?

Any thoughts ?

edesignuk

Moderator emeritus
Mar 25, 2002
London, England
TBR said:
It sickens me to ask such a simple question, but how do you add an avator?
It's not like I've never had one before but I can't figure out this forum? Feel a bit of a fool!
You need to have 500 posts :eek: before you can use an avatar, when you get there, you upload your avatar in your User CP.

TBR

macrumors 6502
Feb 14, 2004
Blackpool - England
500?!?!

Jesus, there's forums I use all the time for a number of years and havn't posted that many on...

Oh well look like on this one i will remain avatarless

rainman::|:|

macrumors 603
Feb 2, 2002
iowa
Awimoway said:
Actually, I didn't make the little movie. It's just something I found that fits my handle.

Anyway, I've updated my avatar. Hopefully it's not so scary now.

Indeed, it's still as cute as the old one, just looks less likely to beat the hell out of you with a golf club ;)

Why a golf club? i don't know. yeah.

:)
paul

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
All new 75x75 avatar for Agreenster. Figured I might as well post it here.

<---

Hope I dont end up missing my little spinning powerbook. I made that thing years ago.

rueyeet

macrumors 65816
Jun 10, 2003
MD
Agreenster, that is ever so cool. :)

My favorite is still Krafix's animated smiley, that smiles, says a friendly hi, then gets angry and lets off a stream of what looks like invective-laced fury, and then gets shamefacedly shut up by the Apple logo. So many forum conversations can be like that.... :D

agreenster

macrumors 68000
Dec 6, 2001
Hardest part about making an avatar is keeping it within the size guidelines. I always want to push it bigger and more colorful...

I'm hoping to have my demo reel, complete with website and turtle guy there uploaded by mid March...such a hassle to get that last 2% done...

flyfish29

macrumors 68020
Feb 4, 2003
New HAMpshire
<-------------------I think I have the best one...
what you don't see this beauty?...It took me days to make it.

woops, guess I created it in my other life...sorry...at least I am one more post closer to attaining that supreme number500...course then I will need to build a time machine to get to my other life. :D

I happen to like the 3d effect that agreenster has created on his coming into the window and all, but there are many other goodies out there. Maybe a listing where we could vote for our top five in order to compile a list showing the top ten or something?

wdlove

macrumors P6
Oct 20, 2002
Mr. Anderson said:
Nice Agreenster! I'll have to get Declan in mine soon :D

D

I really like your new one Mr. Anderson, hope that it will continue for a long reign. Blue in my opinion is awesome. that kind of animation even makes it more enjoyable.

pyrotoaster

macrumors 65816
Dec 28, 2002
Oak Park, IL
75x75 tars?! I know what I'm going to be doing this weekend. ;)

Just slightly straying from the topic, I'm glad we're getting bigger 'tars. I also frequent SaveFarscape.com's forums, and they let you have 100x100 'tars. Bigger is nice.

Anyway, vniow's new 'tar has my vote. I actually laughed out loud when I saw it. :D

Stike

macrumors 65816
Jan 31, 2002
Germany
jefhatfield said:
my favorite avatar is eyelikeart's baby doll...i remember his different avatars over the years including a couple of "eyes" and that scary japanese temple demon statue
who are your favorites?
I think your G5 avatar is an instant classic ;)
They should have used that one for the G5 logo instead!

e-coli

macrumors 68000
Jul 27, 2002
cr2sh said:
e-coli - I gotta give it to you.. I like it a lot, but damn.. agreenster's new one is snazzy!

Yeah, agreenster's is superfly.

He must have cheated. :D ;)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.