Who Has The New Mini?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by MacSA, Aug 5, 2005.

1. MacSA macrumors 68000

MacSA

Anyone got the new mini yet? What do you think of it? Hows the wireless reception?

2. AliensAreFuzzy macrumors 68000

AliensAreFuzzy

Really that question could be answered by anyone with a mini with airport, not just the new ones

3. wPod macrumors 68000

wPod

yes

i hate how they advertise as if the mini is new and re-designed. it only has more memory and built in wireless at the upper price levels. this way you dont have to BTO everything and pay more! they should have just said upgraded instead of new.

4. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

I have both an "old" (1.25 Ghz) one and "new" (1.42 Ghz) one. I find the Airport reception fine on both, but as my flat is not massive the signal does not have all that far to travel!

5. mikemodena macrumors 6502a

mikemodena

I bought an upgraded mini (the $600 model) a week ago today. It's great.. the BT has never disconnected as of yet, the wifi signal has also been very strong.

6. thejadedmonkey macrumors 604

thejadedmonkey

I have an old "new" mini, that's a mini from february that's been upgraded so it's just like the "new" ones. Airport is fine, the only time I has an issue was when it was sitting in the corner of a metal desk, but it's not anymore, and it's got full reception. So does my Windows PC that I'm on now.