Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
Whenever I try to play the cast commentary (disc 1) in the Panther DVD player, it crashes. Could someone else please try it and see whether it works?

Edit: Same thing happens on disc 2. I haven't tried any of the other commentaries yet, but they all work fine on my real DVD player.

apple_iBoy

macrumors 6502a
Oct 28, 2003
Philadelphia, PA
Simpsons Season 3

Interesting -- I came across the same problem when I tried to watch my Simpsons season three box set with Panther's dvd player. In a few of the episodes I was watching, the commentary track would cause an error and the program would shut down. I tried it several times and the error occurred at the same point each time. It plays fine in a regular DVD player, so I don't know what gives.

Nermal

Original poster
Staff member
Dec 7, 2002
New Zealand
I'll have to try VLC. It was too slow on my G3/800, so I never used it, and therefore didn't consider it for playing this problematic movie. But I've got a G4/1.25 now, so it should be better.

Interestingly, the commentary on FOTR plays fine :confused:

MacBandit

macrumors 604
Originally posted by Nermal
I'll have to try VLC. It was too slow on my G3/800, so I never used it, and therefore didn't consider it for playing this problematic movie. But I've got a G4/1.25 now, so it should be better.

Interestingly, the commentary on FOTR plays fine :confused:

It will probably work now on your G3 800 as well. VLC get regular and frequent updates. Some of the recent ones have brought about some vast improvements.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.