Who has Two Towers Extended R4?

Discussion in 'Mac OS X 10.3 (Panther) Discussion' started by Nermal, Dec 26, 2003.

1. Nermal Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

Whenever I try to play the cast commentary (disc 1) in the Panther DVD player, it crashes. Could someone else please try it and see whether it works?

Edit: Same thing happens on disc 2. I haven't tried any of the other commentaries yet, but they all work fine on my real DVD player.

2. apple_iBoy macrumors 6502a

Simpsons Season 3

Interesting -- I came across the same problem when I tried to watch my Simpsons season three box set with Panther's dvd player. In a few of the episodes I was watching, the commentary track would cause an error and the program would shut down. I tried it several times and the error occurred at the same point each time. It plays fine in a regular DVD player, so I don't know what gives.

3. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

I have both those movies mentioned but never watch movies on my computer so I don't know if there is a problem but I do know that Video Lan Client is a much more compatible and more capable DVD player then the Apple one.

4. Nermal thread starter Moderator

Nermal

Staff Member

I'll have to try VLC. It was too slow on my G3/800, so I never used it, and therefore didn't consider it for playing this problematic movie. But I've got a G4/1.25 now, so it should be better.

Interestingly, the commentary on FOTR plays fine :confused:

5. MacBandit macrumors 604

MacBandit

It will probably work now on your G3 800 as well. VLC get regular and frequent updates. Some of the recent ones have brought about some vast improvements.