Who hates the new HP commercials?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by pink-pony115, Jul 11, 2006.

1. pink-pony115 macrumors regular

Jun 16, 2006
    I just saw the new HP commercials with Shaun White and Jay-Z. I think they are really annyoing. Cringe everytime I see them. Am I just weird or semi-normal?
  2. iShane macrumors 6502a

Jan 7, 2006
    New York
    I like the Shaun White one. But I've never seen the Jay-Z one so I don't know.
  3. danny_w macrumors 601

Mar 8, 2005
    Austin, TX
    I watch very little tv so I haven't seen them, but they can't be any worse than the recent Apple ads. I want to hide under a table whenever I see one of those. Apple should be ashamed.
  4. cyclonus5150 macrumors newbie

Apr 8, 2004
    They irritate me only because I think they pretty much do everything a Mac commercial could and should be doing. The funny thing is that everything they're talking about doing is done right out of the box with a Mac but I'm pretty sure some of the tasks require some extra software in the PC world. It seems like HP is going out of their way to be the Apple of the "PC" market. I do like the Nightmare font that they use. You know that the average consumer will see it and immediately think that HP machines give them everything they need for their digital life because HP does a great job in getting it all across...even if some if it is a stretch. Apple's ads don't really do more than a high-level comparison of Mac vs PC. Just sayin....
  5. steamboat26 macrumors 65816

May 25, 2006
    Arlington VA
    The old ones with the pictures and stuff were much better.
  6. Xander562 macrumors 68000

Apr 2, 2006
    I like the old ones. but i also love the new ones. I've seen the one with shaun white and i liked it, i dont see why you dont like them. i like the HP commercials more than the current apple ones :eek: :eek: no offense intended.

EDIT: for those who dont know, here's a link to the Shaun White one:
  7. ham_man macrumors 68020

Jan 21, 2005
    The HP ads don't play on stereotypes and don't make their users seems like pricks. That's good enough for me.
  8. celebrian23 macrumors 65816

Mar 12, 2006
    Under the sun
    You know the HP commercials would make great apple commercials...they're not pretentious. I love the Shaun White one personally.
  9. poppe macrumors 68020

Apr 29, 2006
    Woodland Hills
    They are wonderfully done! I finding it so funny how a company claiming to be so innovative (apple) lack in anything inovative for commercials. Those commericals by HP are extremely clever and the ignorant couch sitter dreaming of a computer is easily sold by those commericals. I was sold by them and i dont want a PC at all...

They are simple yet complex.

I just find it funny how Apple with the transition to intel has fewer and fewer defining features to seperate it from the PC. Yes OS X. and yes nice looking products. and yes iLife; but apples commercials are just stick your thumb out everything you can do I can do better. They dont show iLife when speaking about how he can go edit movies or build a website.

Ok sorry done ranting...