Who here are the Hot Heads (Food-Chilie Pepper)

Discussion in 'Community' started by neildmitchell, Aug 22, 2005.

1. neildmitchell macrumors 6502a

May 21, 2005
    I just made a rockin sexy meal! (Cheap too, I love Trader Joes) (sexy-Intensity of chilie heat)

Wine - PKNT Cab. (Chilian) http://www.pknt.com/ $4.99 at Trader Joes
    Yes $4.99, and it is damn good for the price, this aint no 2 $ Chuck!
    Fruit forward, but for the price, who cares

Salad (cool crisp refreshing) - Mixed lettuce and herbs, blanched asparagus, fresh organic heirloom tomatoes, salmon, topped with a bit of fresh cracked black pepper, dill, and lemon juice

Turkey Stuffed Red Bell Peppers
    (the heat of the habenero grows as you eat, YEAH BABY! PAIN IS GOOD!)
    Ground Turkey - A little oil and garlic, black pepper, good amount of habenero hot sauce, paprika, celery salt, chopped tomatoes, chopped mushrooms, a splash of the wine, cooked it down till there was just a bit of juice left, then tossed in cooked rice, stuffed it in the peppers, and threw into oven at 425 for about 30-40 min

Nectarines, Plums, and Morello cherries in a Habenero Apricot Balsamic reduction glaze served over Vanilla Swiss Almond Haagen Daaz

For the reduction: Apricot fruit spread (unless fresh 'cots are avail), a splash of oragne juice, a bit of the juice from the cherries, a lot of Scotch Bonnet sauce (basically pureed peppers) and balsimic vinegar. Whisk till blended

Get the pan hot and throw in the sauce and fruit, cook until fruit is tender and sauce has reduced a bit, set aside and let cool till slightly warm, serve of ice cream.

Grilled fruit can also be great with the reduction, warmed and poured ontop of the grilled fruit. My friends LOVE this dessert.

The heat isnt even pain to me, the heat from the habeneros, is just that, heat that takes over your whole body.
  2. e²Studios macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005
    I love That wine, last time i was at TJ's i picked up a few bottles of the merlot and the cab. I am surprised no one has started a TJ's thread, TJ's is only the single most bestest store that has ever come around, and its fairly cheap! Their TJ Beer is awesome too!!

Back to the topic now.. i LOVE hot foods and i share that affection for a certain small pepper called the Habenero. When my wife was in Japan she found these chips that were made with Habernero, they are SPICY but they are delicious too!! ive never seen a Habernero chip here, not even at the local japanese market (Mitsuwa), once i run out of these bags im going to ask her parents to send over a case of these if they can :D

3. neildmitchell thread starter macrumors 6502a

May 21, 2005
    Mitsuwa is that the one off of ...? 280 and ?Santa Clara?

The chips sound awesome, I wonder if you take in the bag to Mitsuwa, if they can special order it for you?
  4. e²Studios macrumors 68020

Apr 12, 2005

Yes its off of Saratoga and the 280 :)

Why do that when you have in-laws that can send it to you and it would probably be a lot cheaper :p