Who here got the infamous three 3 red light on there Xbox 360?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Ringo, Mar 21, 2006.

1. Ringo macrumors regular

Ringo

I just wanted to know who got the 3 red light on the "right of light" on their 360 (or maybe the 1 red light). I got it not so long ago... :( and now my xbox wont start up.

So how easy was it for you to replace the xbox? did it cost anything? Do we need to get a RA number to return it? etc etc.... edit: And does we get transfert to india when we call (i truly HATE that... englis not being my mother thongue i usually dont understand a thing...)

(sorry for all those anoying question, but i kind of lost the waranty sheet)

2. Abulia macrumors 68000

Abulia

I had 4 red lights (I think) when I first hooked up my Xbox 360. I FREAKED OUT! :D

Turns out I didn't have the A/V cable plugged in all the way... :eek:

Best of luck on getting your unit fixed.

3. mkubal macrumors 6502a

I didn't have any red lights, but I did get constant freezing a week or so ago. From what I've read on the XBox message boards I probably wasn't far from Red Rings of Death.

I sent it back to MS and they received it this morning. We'll see what happens from here. Hopefully I'll get a new one and not a refurb, but I'm not holding out much hope. When I get it I'm gonna play the heck out of it and see if it starts freezing again. If so I'm taking it back to Target and selling my accessories. Then I'll go reserve a PS3 somewhere.

I'm not planning on screwing around much with MS if they can't make a solid gaming console.

4. GOTML macrumors member

i had mine replaced for the freezing, and it it took roughly a week and i got a new one back, also i have had the red lights before, it doesn't always mean you have a problem that is serious.

5. XNine macrumors 68040

XNine

Why are you wearing that stupid man suit?
    No rings, but it kept freezing. I sent it in (without HD attached) and they sent me a branny new unit with another HD. Good deal! :D

6. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

I had the three rings with the top right quadrant clear. It was a hardware failure. Only had the machine 5 days after launch :( Luckily I got two at launch, but it took till after the new year before it got returned because of the holidays.

My other 360 has never had any problems : fingers crossed

7. crachoar macrumors 6502a

Do you ever stop and wonder why gamers put up with this kinda s-word (grown-up word for 'poop')?

8. FadeToBlack macrumors 68000

FadeToBlack

My first Xbox 360 was getting disc read errors all the time, so I went and exchanged my game, just in case it was the game causing the problems, but it still got errors, so I sent the 360 back to Microsoft and they sent me a new one. Well, that one had the same problem. I guess they got a bad batch of DVD drives or something. Anyway, I ended up returning mine to Toys R Us and getting me a Slimline PS2. (My 3rd PS2, but first Slimline...all of them so far have been flawless) Gonna wait on the PS3 and then see if they have any problems before I buy one. The PS2 is a great system and will definitely keep me satisfied until I get a PS3.

9. mkubal macrumors 6502a

Only the fanboys will put up with it. I'm not one of them so I'm giving MS one chance.

I relate this situation to a car I had a while back. After I had to replace the transmission for a second time I never trusted it again. It was a lease so I gave it back at the end. But if I get into the same situation with a game console I won't put up with it. You can't have any fun playing a game if you always have to worry about the console breaking.

Hopefully I'll get mine back and it will work perfectly for years on end, like my original XBox, PS1, Sega, and NES console did. (Except for that problem of having to blow the cartridge out on the NES.) :)

10. wwooden macrumors 68000

wwooden

I've only had my 360 flash the red circle once, when the power to my apartment quickly stopped for a second. When it came back on the red circle was there. I was definitely worried and thought it had blown some hardware or something, but it plays fine now. Other than that time, my 360 has run perfect.

11. Jovian9 macrumors 68000

Jovian9

Nintendo did that on purpose......so we'd always remember the days of NES. :)