Who here has facial hair?

Discussion in 'Community Discussion' started by Abstract, Jun 29, 2006.

1. Abstract macrumors Penryn

Abstract

How many of you have facial hair? How many of you are men? :p

Um, seriously though........is it finally coming back in fashion in your city/country?? Recently, I've seen facial hair on maybe 10% of the guys I see here in Australia, which is a lot if you consider how the popularity of pop groups like NSync made hairless babyfaced, 27 year old "boys" popular for awhile.

Right now, I've got a beard and moustache combo, although just before this I would shave my moustache and keep the beard. Before that.......babyface. Thought having only a beard was cool, but right now, I'm just enjoying going all crazy with the facial hair. Not gonna trim it for awhile and see what happens. I wanna be able to stroke that thing whenever I'm having a deep thought, sort of like I'm posing, but whatever. People always get a good chuckle out of it, and girls have said it looks hot. ;)

2. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

Nope, unless I've been incredibly lazy for a few days. :)

3. dcv macrumors G3

Not me, thankfully! :D

Personally I'm not a huge fan of men with beards/moustaches... a bit of stubble is good though.

mmm. rugged. :)

Only downside is the stubble burn of course though :o

4. Applespider macrumors G4

Applespider

looking through rose-tinted spectacles...
    Nor me... and likewise! :eek:

There's a blond guy in our office who has recently grown a full face beard that grew in red... and looks just odd!

5. MacBoobsPro macrumors 603

MacBoobsPro

I do, but people tell me I talk out of my ass!

:D :rolleyes:

6. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

That's just wrong!!

7. Lau Guest

Oooh, i have to put a vote in for beards on men. I like. They make men look friendly. :)

8. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Or a serial killer! Sutcliffe/Shipman/Mansen et al:eek:

I usually shave once a week - my facial hair in contrast to my head, grows in slowly, and I like a couple days growth. I'll be shaving tonight though as its got to the untidy point.

Fortunately most girls I've gone out with don't seem to suffer with stubble burn - apart from one unfortunately Aussie girl last year. Lasted for days on her - and I had to shave every frackin' dayat least once... no wonder it didn't last:D

9. Lau Guest

Friendly serial killers, though. ;)

10. dcv macrumors G3

Of course we're gonna need to see some pics...

11. Spanky Deluxe macrumors 601

Spanky Deluxe

My dad had a full beard and he married a girl thirty years his junior... I've always thought that at some point I'll let it grow. ;)

12. John Jacob macrumors 6502a

John Jacob

I do...

See the attached pic (which I just posted to the MR pictures thread earlier today). I am 29, I used to be clean-shaven until I was 27, when someone asked me which high school I was going to. :eek:

That's when I decided to grow the facial hair.

Attached Files:

• Me.jpg
      Me.jpg
      File size:
      20.9 KB
      Views:
  13. Queso macrumors G4

Always a trimmed stubble here, for reasons I posted in the Shaving thread. I used to have a goatie when I was down in South Africa, but that bit the dust when I came back home (it looked crap on me anyway :) )

14. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

i generally go a few days between shaving, so i have some stubble usually. i have grown "beards" in the winter before, and i love it. my gal friend doesn't. ;) i say "beards" because my facial hair is patchy so it's not like a canadaram beard or anything.

mustaches are gross. so occasionally it's fun to shave all but the stache.

15. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

no beard or facial hair for me, but i usually have stubble most days.

i shave every 2 or 3 days... so i get a bit of stubble.

16. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

I have a little, a slight "beard."

I do it because I like it, and it was something very different (I've always been very clean-shaven, until the facial hair). Seems to be working out ok. Not very many guys around here my age (21) let theirs grow.

I've recently shaved my head (not bald, just a tiny bit left) which means the beard needed to be trimmed to match.

Attached Files:

17. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

not true at all. my friend shaves his head bald and has an awesome full beard to boot. it is awesome.

18. Palad1 macrumors 6502a

Palad1

I plead guilty your honor.

Exhibit #1 :
    [​IMG]

Exhibit #2 :
    [​IMG]

I usually ask a barber to trim it twice a year, when I can find one... Else i use an el-cheapo electric trimmer.

BTW There's a very nice barber in Disneyland Paris. Who would have thought...

19. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Nobody expects the weirdy beardy!:D

I did grow a goatee at uni for a while - couple with grade 2 hair length it wasn't too bad. When I decided to get shot I did the typical thing and shaved it so I'd see what I looked like with a moustache.
    Worse.Thing.Evar.
    Lando Calrissian I'm not!

20. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Beard and moustache here for the past 20 years pretty solid with the very occasional shave leaving only the moustache for a couple of weeks. Starting to go gray a bit in the beard, wonder what that means....

B

21. Josh macrumors 68000

Josh

I can imagine it would be.

Don't think it is a look I could pull it off though (same goes with the "fake" comb-over I've seen. Dude shaved the middle part of his head, let the side grow, and combed it over. Looked pretty cool on him, but I think he's the only one who could do it w/ success lol)

22. emw macrumors G4

emw

Actually, I just shaved this morning. I normally go every other day, mainly because I'm lazy. I don't mind the stubble look, but I've had a beard a couple of times and just can't stand it for very long.

23. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

I think of stubble as sort of being an awkward stage for me, personally. It's like hair that's not short, and not long, and it should either be one or the other. It looks good on some people, but stubble makes me look lazy, which is why I grew a short stubbly beard and just trimmed it whenever it got too long. I never left it as a stubble. It was either some fuzz, or clean.

Now I'm just gonna start letting it grow in for another week. My facial hair grows quickly. I just find that during the middle of the day, there's sort of a natural amount of hair grease in there. I wouldn't mind it if it was on my head, but when it's on my face, it's weird. Now I shampoo my facial hair when I'm there. Another week from now, and I'm gonna break out the conditioner. :p

And yes, what would this thread be without photos.

Attached Files:

24. Piarco macrumors 68030

Piarco

Bit of a separated a birth thing here:

Is it Colin Murray (Radio One DJ/TV Host here in Blighty)....
    [​IMG]

Or Palad1?!? You decide :D
    [​IMG]

25. Abstract thread starter macrumors Penryn

Abstract

Similar story with me. I recently shaved my head as well, and I didn't want my facial hair to be longer than my....um..."head hair." Saw it on someone else with a shaved head and a thick beard, and it just seemed odd.

But the facial hair in your photo does suit you, though. ;)