Who here has played a beta World of Warcraft?

Discussion in 'Games' started by ijimk, Jul 7, 2004.

1. ijimk macrumors 6502a

ijimk

Just wanted to know if anyone here has played any version of World of Warcraft and wanted a little review of what it played like on Mac. I know my chances are slim of anyone on here playing it but i just wanted to try. Any feedback is welcome.

2. Chaszmyr macrumors 601

Chaszmyr

I'm in the beta. It's pretty unstable, but thankfully it's still in beta. I've had it cause many system-wide freezes on my G5. Also, there is a bug (that seems to be mac-only) that makes the water sometimes not show up. Besides that, though, the game runs great, even on my 64mb radeon 9600 (which will soon be upgraded to a 6800 ultra).

3. Mercury macrumors regular

It runs craptastically on my G4/733 and Radeon 8500, but that's to be expected, honestly. Apparently there are also tons of driver specifics bugs with the Radeon 8500, and there are some weird image things. The game still looks amazing, all things considered, though I'm usually getting 5-10 FPS. (1024x768, farclip around 3 of 10, all options low)

4. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

It runs great on my 17 inch 1.25ghz imac hey i PMed u

5. wordmunger macrumors 603

wordmunger

Well, your computer isn't supported--the minimum is 1Ghz CPU, right?

There is also a review of the beta over at MacWorld. Check it out.

6. leandroc76 macrumors regular

7. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

You had to sig nup earlier this year ans only a couple of hundred mac users were picked.

8. johnkrz macrumors member

can you give peeps copies

are you allowed to make copies of the game and give it to peeps.

9. xgsrpg macrumors member

I'm not in the beta, but even if people did make copies provided the beta was distributed on CD-ROM, you would still need to have an account to get in and play the game. And that's only if it's on a CD; if you have to download it Blizzard probably would want an account first. Bottom line: only people who applied and were picked will be able to play.

And if Blizzard allowed copies, what would be the point of a signup and selection process?

10. applemacdude macrumors 68040

applemacdude

CORRECT