Who Here Has Pre-Ordered "New Super Mario Bros."?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Winstonp, May 11, 2006.

1. Winstonp macrumors 6502a

Winstonp

Who Here Has Pre-Ordered "New Super Mario Bros."?

Of Course, I have. What loyal nintendo user could wait any longer to continue the Saga that has long since ended decades ago?

Unfortunatly, the store clerk says that games do not arrive on the release date until 5pm. Odd...

2. debroglie macrumors 6502a

debroglie

I'm just going to chance going to Meijer/walmart/best buy/etc. to pick up my copy. If you pre-order it online, it ships on the release date so it won't get here until later

3. Foxglove9 macrumors 65816

Foxglove9

I don't preorder games generally. However as soon as DS lite is released I'll pick up both the machine and Super Mario Bros!

4. mkrishnan Moderator emeritus

mkrishnan

I think I'm also in the waiting-for-the-DS-Lite crowd.

5. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

DS version you mean, not Galaxy ;)

Yep I pre-ordered as I cant be bothered to wait for UK & Ireland release. Beside's its only €33 online compared to €50 in stores...

6. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Thanks to MacRumorUser I've preordered my import too :) never tried dvdboxoffice before but they seem pretty smart!

First ever game preorder too. ever. A game like this deserves it.

7. 2nyRiggz macrumors 603

2nyRiggz

Never preordered before....i have the best of luck;)

Bless

8. TEG macrumors 604

TEG

I went to Gamestop a week and a half ago and pre-ordered. I'll be heading there right after classes on Monday (about 12:30p) to pick it up. If I have to wait all day it will be worth it.

TEG

9. rye9 macrumors 65816

rye9

10. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

I refuse to pre-order software in general.

In my experience I've never had a problem obtaining a peice of software on or just a hair before it's release date. I did have a bit of a time getting a hold of GR:AW a couple months ago, but that's because most places released it early. On the actual release date I had no problem picking it up.

Honestly, the only reason pre-ordering software exists in the world of video game retail is to net them money off your money via interest. Don't be a pawn in their game!

11. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

oh only reason I preordered mine was to secure an import, as only a few get through - my Mario Kart and Nintendogs were delayed to no extent. Only game I'd preorder in the UK is Zelda. OoT totally sold out in Oldham and Manchester!

12. MRU macrumors demi-god

MRU

LOL! Oldham...

I once was passenger in a delivery van giving directions. We were meant to go from Harrogate to Bradford to pick up some antiques, and using my map reading skills, ended up in Oldham :rolleyes: :rolleyes: I was sooooo :eek:

I'll probably buy an import wii, especially if it isnt region free.

13. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Bradford! thats miles from here! You silly ;)
    not a bad town really. Huddersfield's better for the town feel, and Manchester for the city feel. I prefer the country myself. hence my living in Saddleworth. ANYWAYS. :)

Region free would make me import too. Or find a tax-free way of doing it. I have relatives over there who owe me gifts after all ;)

14. Oblivious macrumors 6502

I think I preordered it... I recall the Salesman at EBgames trying to persuade me to do so, but I wasn't really paying attention.:eek: :p

15. sam10685 macrumors 68000

sam10685

good work soldier.

16. 7on macrumors 601

7on

First game I pre-ordered was Majora's Mask. It was in a gold cart :d

17. mrgreen4242 macrumors 601

mrgreen4242

I have to beat Mario and Luigi Partners in Time before I get anymore games. Then I have to get Super Mario Bros DS and beat that before Zelda Phantom Hourglass is released. And I need to beat Metroid Hunters sometime in there, too.

To be honest, I am more excited about Mario Bros DS and Zelda PH than about the Wii. :p

Oh, and if Zelda PH is on a gold cart, I will preorder it to be sure I get one before they revert to making them grey.

18. Dagless macrumors Core

Dagless

Oh wait I preordered Windwaker like a week before launch. Just had to cement the chances of getting that limited edition OoT disc too. :)

19. PharmD macrumors 6502

Yup, I pre-ordered it. I'll play it for about a week, sell my DS fat on eBay while it still holds some value and wait a week or so for my Lite to continue the joy.

20. debroglie macrumors 6502a

debroglie

So I noticed in the Sunday ads almost every store has a different "release date" for NSMB, varying from Tuesday to Thursday. However, I haven't seen any that say it'll be available tomorrow on the "real" release date!!:mad:

Does anyone know of any stores that will have it tomorrow for sure?