Who here is waiting for the iMac G5 Rev. B

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by easy4lif, Apr 28, 2005.

1. easy4lif macrumors regular

easy4lif

2. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

My dad is, I'm still trying to persuade him to get a Powermac.

3. kwajaln macrumors 6502

kwajaln

ME ME ME! If I was in the US I would have already purchased the "Rev A" iMac G5, but since I am currently working overseas I am in no rush. But I will buy Rev B as soon as it comes out so my wife can enjoy it until I return and repo it from her. :D I was disappointed when it was not released in April since I was back for a long vacation and had planned to buy then. But I am in no rush, and enjoy the iBook G4 12-inch I have here.

4. Gohan macrumors member

I have been for the past couple of months, then I gave up and bought a DP 2.0gig PM.

5. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Me! I need a Mac desktop soon. I've even thought of buying a really cheap eMac and then replacing it when/if the next iMacs ever come out. :rolleyes:

6. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I've been mentioning it for a while now - my wife is getting one and she's getting a bit antsy with the waiting - she didn't understand at first how the consumer is at Apple's mercy....

Bleh,

D

7. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Ive been waiting for a new Apple desktop for about 6 years to replace a Performa 180mhz. Dad has put it off saying next year, next year, next year. If I remeber rightly it started when the first coloured iMacs came out, then we were meant to get the graphite iMac, then numerous other iMacs, then the G4, then the G5 iMac rev A. And now the the rev B.

So now I'll try to get him to buy a Powermac instead...

But fear not in the mean time I have a PC laptop and an iBook. However these do not satisfy my needs in terms of design stuff and games.

8. Chip NoVaMac macrumors G3

Chip NoVaMac

I am waiting for the Mac mini rev. B instead. Don't see a need for the G5 yet. And I want full Core Image compatibility!

9. DakotaGuy macrumors 68040

DakotaGuy

Heck you could just get a new eMac and be blown-away by the performance after running the Performa all these years!!!

10. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

Haha, I showed my dad. He said, It lasted all these years, I dont see the new ones lasting that long. Only had to replace the mouse a couple of times.

11. Dr. Dastardly macrumors 65816

Dr. Dastardly

Does anyone get the bad feeling that these might not show up until WWDC? I hope they come out in the next couple of weeks but uhhhhh. :(

12. pknz macrumors 68020

pknz

They better be out soon, Dad won't buy anything until he can compare the top end iMac to the Powermac 2.0. Better be out soon.

Although TS said they are still ready to be launched on Friday. Something is telling me they wont.

Edit: YAY its past 6pm on Friday 29th in New Zealand. Happy Tiger Day.

13. zelmo macrumors 603

zelmo

I got approval to buy 4 iMacs for work, which willl go into our Preflight department. I'm waiting for rev B. I am very eager because, once we re-distribute CPU's around, I'll finally lose the G3 400MHz PowerMac on my desk for an 800MHz G4 iMac. Not a new G5, but stilll a decent upgrade for me, and it will certainly be more svelte than the 21" CRT that eats up half of my desk space.

14. swy32x macrumors regular

15. McMac macrumors newbie

I am doing exactly the same thing. I am going to wait it out til Tuesday, then if no decent update to the iMac, I will get the 2.0 PM.

16. clykins90 macrumors regular

clykins90

I'm waiting for more RAM and VIDEO CARD!! As soon as it comes out, I'm first in line.

17. iMetalG5 macrumors 6502a

well i just bought mine in march so, heh, i'm not.

but i am very curious to know what upgrades there will be but it doesn't look like they will be out anytime soon.

18. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

So it looks like we'll be waiting till next week now.....

D

19. NewtypeCJ macrumors 6502

NewtypeCJ

I am waiting as well. I thought they might refresh back in February so I held off on buying, and I'm still in a holding pattern. That's OK tho' -- my iBook G3 700 will be good enough till I can grab the iMac. Hopefully it'll be Tuesday. I was really hoping they'd be available today so I could go participate in the fun of the Tiger launch event, but now I'm not so sure I need to do that.

20. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

I am ... and I hope for an upgraded GPU and VRAM, but I will buy the new revision either way.

21. easy4lif thread starter macrumors regular

easy4lif

waiting

well,

I figure that the update will come either this coming tuesday or, on the 10th. either way . . .

I BUY!

22. steve88 macrumors member

I am waiting to see if they upgrade the video card. If they don't, I'm getting the PowerMac. Right now, I have my old PC that keeps plugging away. Either way, I'll have a Mac within a month.

23. OnceUGoMac macrumors 6502a

OnceUGoMac

I am. I got my award letter for next year and will be getting enough money to go to school full-time (finally), pay for rent (I can work part-time now), and get a PC (for gaming) and a new Mac. I'm still debating whether I will sell my iBook at that point.

24. dhracer88 macrumors regular

I've been waiting for awhile too....I hope it comes out next week, along with the Canon 30D I want too :)

25. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

It seems that patience and waiting is part of being a customer of Apple. Don't seen any reason why they would wait until WWDC. Now that Tuesday is no longer the official release day, it could occur at anytime.