Who here plays D&D?

Discussion in 'Community' started by Fezwick, Oct 18, 2002.

1. Fezwick macrumors 6502

I was wondering if anyone here plays Dungeons and Dragons. I've been playing D&D for a while, seeing if anyone else here is an avid D&D player. Share your characters/experiences please!

2. sturm375 macrumors 6502

I used to. However around here (Fox Valley Area, IL) I can't find a group to game with. So I am regulated to PC gaming.

3. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I played in the early 80s in high school for a couple years- I'm surprised its still even around, especially since computer games are so much better. Wow, how long have you been playing?

4. Fezwick thread starter macrumors 6502

I've been playing for about 10 years now, on and off. The campaign i am in right now has lasted a year and a half so far. What kind of characters did you make?

I think D&D is way better than computer games. In D&D you can really do anything you want. There are rules for everything. In PC gaming you are limited by what you can do.

5. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

It all depends on the group you're playing with. Its been so long, I don't really remember much. And I think computer games that pit you against other people on line are a better waste of time than D&D. But I don't do much gaming as it is right now anyway.

6. sturm375 macrumors 6502

Neverwinter

Have any of you played NeverWinter Nights?

Even thought the user interface takes some getting use to, the single player is pretty good. Also, you can develope your own adventures, and play online with others. I'm on dial up, so I really can't do that.

It's only out for the PC right now, but they are porting it to Mac OSX, and Linux. They already have the Linux Server out!

Anyway, it's the closest computer game to the real deal.

7. Fezwick thread starter macrumors 6502

Yeah, i played it on my friends PC. I was psyched when BioWare was talking about realeasing it for Linux/Mac/Windows at the same time.. but of course that didn't happen. I think it's coming out for mac in december though, so it shouldn't be that long of a wait.

8. big macrumors 65816

big

man, I miss playing with a good group of close friends...

but alas, too many are into the online gaming & other vcomputer games or xbox or sega (still exist?) or something

9. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

AD&D 3rd Edition

Is the 1st version I've found to be playable. I've been an avid fan of the Palladium Multiverse (TM) and I spent some time playing CyberPunk 2020, I've LARPed and "tabled" White Wolf's World Of Darkness system and I have a campaign written for it if anyone's interested.:D

Perhaps an AIM game at some point?

BTW: I am getting annoyed with the tendency for GM's to do either level "zero" or High-powered AD&D campaigns. What happened to starting at level 3 or 5? :confused: :rolleyes:

10. Spike Spiegel macrumors regular

a few years ago, i used to play every week, but only second edition, i have yet to learn 3rd edition. right now im reading up on vampire: the masquerade, i found some people at my college who want to start a story

11. Fezwick thread starter macrumors 6502

Re: AD&D 3rd Edition

Third edition is pretty sweet. I like how they added feats and simplified the rules.

In the campaign i am in now i started at level 4, and i am at level 17 now.

The world i am playing is Telene from Kingdoms of Kalamar, although i am a FR fan myself.

12. Mr. Anderson Moderator emeritus

Mr. Anderson

I was cleaning up my basement to get it ready for painting and the new carpet (had to put the drafting table into storage :( , probably for over a year) and I found my bag of dice.....I have no idea why I still have it and I haven't used them in 20 years. Weird.

I showed them to my wife and she just laughed at me..... ;)

D