Who is buying a copy of Vista this week?

Discussion in 'Windows, Linux & Others on the Mac' started by princealfie, Jan 29, 2007.

1. princealfie macrumors 68030

princealfie

Okay, admit it guys.

Who is buying a copy of Vista so that you can have a OS in a plastic shell, guys? Man, the Tiger box looks so small in cardboard box.

I got my free copy of Vista Business this weekend. Okay, who's in? :rolleyes:

2. SMM macrumors 65816

SMM

No one I know about, personally or professionally. I have had a couple employees ask when we would migrate. I told them the migration was to Apple, not to Vista.

3. ghall macrumors 68040

ghall

Waste of money. I'd take it if it was free, because I'd have to get the Ultimate version, the standard edition seems like garbage.

I'd rather spend my $$$ on a real OS, like Leopard. :D

4. thefunkymunky macrumors 65816

5. iPhil macrumors 68040

iPhil

Will be getting mine later this week .. Of Course its going into a MacPro on My Table @ Work.. So people can actually see Vista run a Mac :p :eek:

6. Nitromaster macrumors 6502

Wirelessly posted (NokiaN70-1/2.0539.1.2/SN359380002126483 Series60/2.8 Profile/MIDP-2.0 Configuration/CLDC-1.1)

Ill currently uring a pc with dialup and will be upgrading once i get broadband.

7. Robbouk macrumors newbie

Robbouk

I have been having use of the RC1 and thought it was OK. Might be tempted to get an OEM version of Vista within a few months if Bootcamp fully supports it.

I wish Bootcamp would let you have more than two partitions so I could have OSX, Windows XP, and Windows Vista.

8. sixstorm macrumors regular

I'll be buying a OEM copy once I can get past V-Day and my girly and I's one year anniversary lol. A good amount of money is going there. I'm also hoping that 10.5 Boot Camp will fully support Vista as well.

9. Deerhunter04 macrumors member

I've been running Vista Business for the past 3 weeks on my Mac Pro and parallels. It has been very stable for me, which was a surprise. I'm actually impressed with Vista. I'd take it over XP, but not until SP1 comes out.

10. Swarmlord macrumors 6502a

Swarmlord

Not me and I have several computers running XP Pro and even one with 2000. If we were upgrading here at work - we're not - I might upgrade one of my computers just to familiarize myself.

I'll save my money a couple years, thank you very much.

11. killr_b macrumors 6502a

killr_b

I'll probably wait until after Leopards 'unleashing' for the final version of Bootcamp before getting Vista.

12. phungy macrumors 68020

phungy

Would try it if it were free (and I won't settle for Vista Home) but not willing to pay for it. My savings goes to Apple :D :apple:

13. balamw Moderator

balamw

Staff Member

Haven't seen any "door buster" deals like there were when XP came out, so I'm probably just going to wait until the dust settles a bit and buy a OEM/System Builder copy from NewEgg.

Still on the fence between Home Premium and Business for my home box if and when I decide to do it.

B

14. jdavidson macrumors newbie

About to load...

I have the free Business Vista arriving soon, which I plan to load via both Bootcamp and Parallels. If it goes well I will be purchasing a 24" iMac for my wife.

One of the things I want to do is use Outlook through both Parallels and under Vista. Does anyone know if I'll be able to do this?

~ Jeffrey
    --
    MacBook Pro 17"