Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Abulia

macrumors 68000
Jun 22, 2004
Kushiel's Scion
Seen? Humm...lots of people I suppose.

How about met? As in, touched, spent time with, spoke to?

Roland Orzabal & Curt Smith (Tears For Fears) -- Private acoustical concert at local radio station w/ meet and greet.

Sean Austin (Lord of the Rings) -- Worked a convention with him.

Don S. David (Stargate SG-1) -- Had breakfast with at Gen Con.

Karl Malone (Utah Jazz basketball player) -- Wandered into a K-Mart I worked in ages ago. Got to shake his hand.

Tons of people from Star Trek. I met a number through writing and/or convention work.

My wife had dinner with Robert Urich (Spencer For Hire) many years ago. Turns out he was a friend of the family.

Chundles said:
The members of the band "Simply Red" in a tiny copy watch shop in Singapore.
Awesome! I'd recognize them! :D

iGav

macrumors G3
Mar 9, 2002
Lau said:
<jealous> :D

He was friends with my old headmaster when I was in primary school, so he did our school fete every year. :D

We were all even on Hart Beat once, or was it when it was still called Take Hart? hmmmmmmmm.

Either way... he was wicked. :D

L

Lau

iGav said:
He was friends with my old headmaster when I was in primary school, so he did our school fete every year. :D

We were all even on Hart Beat once, or was it when it was still called Take Hart? hmmmmmmmm.

Either way... he was wicked. :D

<in awe>

He is my hero. :D

xsedrinam

macrumors 601
Oct 21, 2004

Attachments

• orcas.jpg
    orcas.jpg
    20 KB · Views: 45

Bobdude161

macrumors 65816
Mar 12, 2006
N'Albany, Indiana
I shook his hand after a speech he made at Male High School in Louisville in around 1998(?). I was about 10-12 years old. I have a picture of me in the process of shaking his hand somewhere... wish I had it on my pooter. Ah well here's a generic pic anyways

Attachments

• bill-portrait.gif
    bill-portrait.gif
    89.5 KB · Views: 62

gadgetgirl85

macrumors 68040
Mar 24, 2006
Most famous? Anastacia the singer....I came close to seeing Nelly Furtardo and Baby Spice stupid crowd crush! (This was Rumba 2001)

Demoman

macrumors regular
Mar 29, 2005
Issaquah, WA
I have actually seen quite a few, but the most memorable one was John Wayne. He used to spend summers on his yacht up here in WA, at a little town called Squim. One summer I was spending a couple weeks with family friends. They had a boat in the marina (now named John Wayne Marina). I was walking around and my friend Trisha asked if I wanted to meet John Wayne. Affirming I did indeed, she guided me over to his SHIP where he was tinkering around on the deck. She said "Hello, Mr Wayne, this is my friend Steve". Trisha was as cute as cute could be and he asked if we wanted a soda pop. We came on board and visited for a long time...seemed like hours, but probably closer to one. I asked all the stupid questions I am sure he answered all the time. But, he was incredibly friendly and loved to tell stories. Unfortunately, he 'shoved-off' for some cruising around the San Juan islands and I did not get to see any more of him while I was there.

beatsme

macrumors 65816
Oct 6, 2005
mpw said:
What more can I say? I was there, Del'boy was there, the castle was there, inflated and covered in bubbles.....what were we supposed to do??

ah...I didn't mean it accusingly, sorry :) ...I just didn't know what a bouncy castle was. I googled it.

I did in fact meet former NFL Commissioner Paul Tagliabue. I remember asking him to tell ABC to ditch Hank Williams, Jr. on MNF. He chuckled and said he'd look into it. Pretty nice guy, considering I was an absolute nobody and he was, you know, the commish...

it5five

macrumors 65816
May 31, 2006
New York
I've met some musicians, but nobody really famous I suppose.

When I was very young though, I met Garrison Hearst (NFL). He lived in the same apartment complex as my family. His car had this insane alarm on it that went off all the time.

neocell

macrumors 65816
May 23, 2005
Great White North
I've met a few famous Canadians (Jean Cretchien, Rick Hansen), but probably the more famous ones were
Mark Hamill and Billy Dee Williams

Have pictures with them from a conference they were at, man Luke is short

GFLPraxis

macrumors 604
Mar 17, 2004
Shigeru Miyamoto (creator of Mario and most of Nintendo's top franchises), Satoru Iwata (head of Nintendo of Japan), Reggie Fils-Aime (head of Nintendo of America), Will Wright (creator of Spore and other games), Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb (hosts of XPlay) come to mind.

Yeah, all video game people.

I shook Adam Sessler's hand and almost got trampled by Morgan Webb's bodyguards, the rest I saw from a distance.

Silentwave

macrumors 68000
May 26, 2006
Jimmy Carter (book signing), Bill Clinton (playing golf, made friends with his secret service agents too), John Kerry, George takei (book signing), probably a few others too :)

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.