Who is the top Mac team?

Discussion in 'Distributed Computing' started by Dros, Mar 23, 2004.

1. Dros macrumors 6502

That seems to be the question these days... Mac OSX was out-producing us for a while, but now we are back on top. But even then, how many of our points and their points are PC (shudder) based?

I was thinking of putting up a simple web site where you could register your folding name in any of these groups that match your folding set-up:
    1) Dual G5s
    2) Pure Mac
    3) Majority Mac

Then, we could challenge Team Mac OSX to register as well. The web page would display production and total points racked up by each of the categories for each of the teams. I was thinking we could use it to get more Mac owners reading MacForums to join "calling all dual G5 owners!", as well as have a friendly competition with those sniveling worms, I mean, fellow Mac folders, over at Mac OSX.

I don't think it would be too hard... just store a list of names then have a script call up the stats for each name and add it to the appropriate total, do a simple graph. But, I don't want to do it if people already think it is pointless or stupid.

Any suggestions, etc?

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

More of the points for MacRumors are PC-based than those of Team MacOSX.

For the longest time, Team MacOSX was at position # 22 and MacRumors was at #33. Then, a large number of PCs got involved here.

3. Dros thread starter macrumors 6502

Well, if they are producing more Mac-based points, then that will help motivate us to get more Macs involved. I didn't think of the competition as a definite win for us, so there is some risk involved!

But, you didn't say if you thought it would be fun to try to get something like this going or or not.

4. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

There are plenty of enthusiastic people, like you, who would be willing to try it. I'm not one of those any more.