Who is using Flock beta?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by swindmill, Jun 14, 2006.

1. swindmill macrumors 6502a

swindmill

With the release of Flock beta last night, I've decided to give it a meaningful chance. I have no use for the integrated blog feature, the RSS, the integrated Flickr (yet), or the shared favorites feature. However, it it is a very nice looking browser. My first impression is that it has all the features I liked about FF, but wrapped in a nicer and cleaner interface. I'm still not sure if it will get me away from Safari, but for the next few days I'm going to give it a shot; maybe my love for FF extensions will return during that time.

I'd be interested to hear what others think about Flock, and where it stands in relation to Safari, Camino, and FF.

2. jdechko macrumors 68040

I had flock (WinXP) installed once. I used it for a few minutes, but found that I (overly) rely on FF extensions to make a pleasing web experience. So it was uninstalled.

3. swindmill thread starter macrumors 6502a

swindmill

What I find nice about the newly released Flock beta is that almost all FF extensions work with it. Perhaps they didn't before; I never really gave it much of chance in the earlier stages.

4. FirePak macrumors regular

Ive been playing around with flock for a while now, The latest actual beta is looking really great. I love all the features that they have included. The RSS reader is really nice for what i do. The Flickr and Del.icio.us integration is also very nice. Surprisingly with all of the stuff built into it, it uses the same amount of resources as FF does with almost no extenstions installed. The only drawback ive noticed is its just a little bit slower then FF. I could see myeself using it for as my main browser in a few versions.

5. zap2 macrumors 604

zap2

I have it on my Mac, but never use it.
    Also the Beta i have is PPC

I'm using Bon Echo right now, and its very stable and its very fast on my intel Mac

6. technicolor macrumors 68000

technicolor

I am using it. Anything has to be better than safari, shiira, camino, and firefox.