Who is worse, Zucker or Comcast?

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by dexthageek, Sep 24, 2010.

1. macrumors 6502

NBC Universal CEO to leave when Comcast takes over
    http://www.businessweek.com/ap/financialnews/D9IEDJGO0.htm

It looks like Zucker is finally leaving NBC. But I have a feeling NBC under the control of Comcast will be even worse for the future of NBC/Universal shows online. (except for Hulu, which IMO is not worth $10/month)

What are your thoughts?

2. macrumors Penryn

rdowns

This will be a bad move for consumers period.

3. macrumors 601

jaw04005

Zucker. NBC has pretty much been a disaster since Friends and the remaining "Must See TV" shows went off the air (2003-2004 era) right around the NBC Universal merger.

Either way, this sucks for consumers. Comcast doesn't have the best track record in content creation either (G4, Golf Channel and E!).

4. macrumors 65816

G4 is one of the worst channels on television. I was so upset when Comcast gutted TechTV and left it a shell of its former self. I agree with you that if the NBC/Comcast deal goes through it will spell the end of easy non-cable access to a lot of programming. Not that I watch NBC anyway.

5. macrumors member

I completely disagree. Comcast has been trying hard (& succeeding) at getting programmers / broadcasters to get their content online. Particularly on their Fancast website. They were instrumental in getting HBO to finally stream their shows on HBOgo.com

It's better for Comcast because you have to be a Comcast subscriber to get the access