Who killed Nick Berg?

Discussion in 'Politics, Religion, Social Issues' started by mj_1903, May 28, 2004.

1. mj_1903 macrumors 6502a

mj_1903

2. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

thanks for the link. this is a good slightly more mainstream (if only in appearance, i don't know about the site or anything) account of all the problems with the video

if you go to a place like topplerummy.org that has a bunch of stuff about the video, well, the appearance of the site doesn't help add to its credibility. people will more easily write it off as conspiracy theorist crap than a well written article on a more subdued webpage... at least i think so

3. numediaman macrumors 6502a

This may (or may not) clear up quite a bit -- it's from the Beeb:

Moore has film of US hostage Berg

Film director Michael Moore says he has interview footage of slain US hostage Nick Berg that was not used in his anti-Bush documentary Fahrenheit 9/11.

Moore, whose film won the Palme d'Or at the Cannes festival, said the footage was about 20 minutes long.

He said it would not be released to the media and that he was dealing privately with Mr Berg's family about it.

Mr Berg's killing shocked Americans after an Arabic-language website showed a video of him being beheaded.

Neither Moore nor his representatives would discuss the nature of the interview with Mr Berg, or its contents, the Associated Press news agency reported.

Mr Berg, 26, was known to be strongly in favour of the US-led war in Iraq.

AP said it had tried in vain to contact Mr Berg's parents at their home in West Chester, Pennsylvania.

Mr Berg, a telecommunications worker, disappeared in Iraq in April.

His headless corpse was found on 9 May in Baghdad and days later a video of his decapitation appeared on an al-Qaeda-related website.

The hooded men who carried out the killing claimed they were avenging the abuse of Iraqi prisoners by US soldiers at Abu Ghraib jail in Baghdad.

Moore's film Fahrenheit 9/11 explores the Iraq war and alleges connections between President George W Bush and top Saudi families, including the Bin Ladens.

The documentary uses Moore's customary satirical style to accuse Mr Bush of stealing the presidential election in 2000, ignoring terrorism warnings before 11 September 2001 and fuelling fears of more attacks to secure Americans' support for the war in Iraq.

http://newsvote.bbc.co.uk/mpapps/pagetools/print/news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/americas/3757665.stm

4. skunk macrumors G4

skunk

That's Beeb. :rolleyes:

5. numediaman macrumors 6502a

"For news on the Liberty Party listen to the Beep."

That's two bad typos in two days. Man, I need a vacation. Thank goodness I'll be in DC next weekend, visiting the new WWII Memorial and cursing any Bushies I see.

6. zimv20 macrumors 601

zimv20

ooh! ooh! can you try to find the WNEP Theater plaque and send me a picture? please!?