Who knew that badmouthing Apple would yield some benefit?

Discussion in 'General Mac Discussion' started by TLRedhawke, Jan 25, 2005.

1. TLRedhawke macrumors 6502

My 12" Powerbook has the ever present creaking hinges. While I was still under warranty, I called Apple, hoping they would replace them, and suggested if they did I would buy AppleCare. They classed it as a cosmetic issue, and refused to fix it. So, when a customer came into the store complaining about his creaky hinges, I had to be a little bit aggravated with Apple, and told him that the problem was classed as cosmetic, and Apple would not fix it. The customer would have to wait until the hinges outright broke before Apple would even care.

So, the customer left, saying he would talk to Apple. Our technician got a call a few days later asking why this customer had been told the hinges would not be replaced when there was clearly a problem. He explained that I had told him that because someone at Apple had refused to replace my hinges. This particular representative said that he couldn't let that sort of situation stand, and gave the tech his direct line so that my hinges could get fixed, despite being out of warranty.

My complaints list as far as Apple is concerned has gotten considerably smaller now. Moreover, if I get anymore major complaints, it seems that mentioning it to customers will eventually get it solved.

2. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Sometimes, things do work with Apple. :D

Glad they're taking care of that for you. Now, if only the other 100,000 or so get help with that same issue. ;)

3. virividox macrumors 601

virividox

Manila - Nottingham - Philadelphia - Santa Barbar
    glad to hear a good story about apple support

i guess you get some good apples and some bad apples haha sorry corny i know ugh late night

4. johnbro23 macrumors 6502a

I wouldnt do that if I were you. That would hurt Apple business, giving potential switchers another thing to bitch about Macs.

5. bousozoku Moderator emeritus

Apple hurts its own business constantly.

6. Daveway macrumors 68040

Daveway

This is currently a problem with very noisy G5 iMacs. My Gateway goes in for service often and Gateway gladly replaces stuff. That is when my mom calls them up bit*****.