Who knows how to change the system fonts in 10.2?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by cb911, Aug 30, 2002.

1. cb911 macrumors 601

cb911

this is probably not a good idea, but i want to change the system fonts. does anyone know if this can be done? and how would i do this?

2. edesignuk Moderator emeritus

edesignuk

Give TinterTool a try, I'm pretty sure that has the facility to change fonts and sizes etc.

3. cb911 thread starter macrumors 601

cb911

Tinker Tool scares me. well, just a little bit...:eek:
    i'll give it a try anyway.

4. jelloshotsrule macrumors G3

jelloshotsrule

why does tinker tool scare you but not changing the system fonts? ha

i don't know, but i've never had any good luck finding a better font for the system.... but that's me.

5. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

There is a reset to default button, so you can mod w/o worries.

You can't change the finder toolbar font though, since that's in the Cocoa frameworks. But the system font, anti-aliasing, and monospace font can all be controlled.

TinkerTool is waiting on Apple before they release a better version for Jaguar. Right now they have combined a temporary solution.

6. King Cobra macrumors 603

TinkerTool should be nothing to be frightened about. I have 10.1.5 with TT, and have not any problems with it. What I did was adjust the font sizes to be smaller, and split the double arrows to opposite ends of the scroll bars. It didn't crash on me once.

What happens is you download TinkerTool (do a search on VT or Cnet), install and open the System Preferences. In other, you will find TT, and you can search through the different tabs and do a makeover of OS X to your satisfaction.

7. irmongoose macrumors 68030

irmongoose

As it says in the original description for TinkerTool, it just enables some of the 'hidden' extras which Apple decided to not let the public mess aorund with. So, it's practically another set of System Preferences. Absolutely nothing at all to to get scared about.

irmongoose