Who loves "Freelancer" ?

Discussion in 'Games' started by Patmian212, Apr 11, 2005.

1. Patmian212 macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Ok first of let me say sorry if this is not a mac game :D
    I'm addicted to this game, Its like WoW addicting. I love this game!

First off it has very low min requirments for a game that is so pleasing to the eye.
    700mhz
    128 mb Ram
    16mb Vram

Secondly I love the fact that you can do whatever you want whenever you want with whoever you want. Even after you finish the story you can continue playing discovering the universe. I have been playing this game for months and I have been discovering new planets and species still to this day. Something new always seems to pop up.
    It's amazing!
    Why this isnt one of the most famous games ever I dont know but I do recommend it to whoever likes action adventure RPGs!

Also if anyone has played it gimme an opinion, what do you think, got any cool tips or tricks?

Patmian212

2. 65505201 macrumors newbie

Lovely game. I just borrowed my bro's jet-turbine-loud-pc to play on my Dell 2005fp. Somehow I got it to work at 1680x1050 and it looks great.

I love playing with either the X-wing or the A-wing.

3. Eevee macrumors 6502a

Eevee

4. homerjward macrumors 68030

homerjward

sounds like an awesome game. another rpg not on the mac. my friends all play shattered galaxy but no, it's windows only :rolleyes:
    btw eevee is your sn named after the pokémon eevee?

5. Patmian212 thread starter macrumors 68020

Patmian212

Are those ships? Ive never heard of them, You see I just learned somehing new :D

6. ewinemiller macrumors 6502

I agree it was a lot of fun. The single player game was kind of short, but the cooperative multiplayer was really fun. I don't think there is anything else out there that lets you do the space patrol kind of thing with your buddies. This is probably a great one to pick up from the bargain bin these days. I think that was our group favorite until City of Heroes came out. Since that I haven't played anything else.

7. Diatribe macrumors 601

Diatribe

There is a game from Freeverse due out in May that is supposed to be like Freelancer. We'll see I guess. I used to play Privateer and Freelancer for hours at a time.