Who loves the good ole' one button mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by MUCKYFINGERS, Oct 2, 2005.

1. MUCKYFINGERS macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2005
    I still love my Apple Pro Mouse ... I think it's much more comfortable than my other mice in the house and I enjoy its simplicity very much.
  2. PlaceofDis macrumors Core

Jan 6, 2004
    i love my one button BT mouse, although i wouldnt mind a BT mighty mouse, still waiting apple. ;)
  3. zap2 macrumors 604

Mar 8, 2005
    Washington D.C
    Might Mouse! you cna make it a one click or a 2 click or 3click ro 4 click. NOW thats a mouse!
  4. HydroMan macrumors 6502

Sep 19, 2004
    Luton. Lutonshire.
    My puck mouse makes a great back up while my MX Laser charges, my BT mouse just eats up batteries like there's no tomorrow so only used when the pucks cord won't reach when I'm leaning back in my recliner.
  5. Blue Velvet Moderator emeritus

Jul 4, 2004
    Who loves their one button mouse? I do.

I've tried a few and it's the only mouse that I can do a full day's work with Quark & Photoshop without major hand and wrist problems as clicking pressure is spread across 3 digits instead of just the one index finger.

The weight and shape of it is just right for me — it remains my ideal mouse.

Keyboard shortcuts used by my left hand are a much faster and more ergonomically-balanced way of getting round than mousing and pop-up contextual menus.
  6. MUCKYFINGERS thread starter macrumors 6502a

Jun 7, 2005
    Yes, I also tend to use two fingers to use the mouse when I click.
  7. Maedus macrumors regular

Dec 4, 2004
    And with the whole mouse being a button, I can use the slap-click wake-up trick to wake my computer up from sleep.
  8. w_parietti22 macrumors 68020

Apr 16, 2005
    Seattle, WA
    I love my 1 button!

But a Mighty Mouse would be nice. my One buttons cord is breaking... might just have to get a Mighty Mouse. ;)
  9. MacDawg macrumors P6

Mar 20, 2004
    "Between the Hedges"
    I love my one button...
    Never really miss the right click

Woof, Woof - Dawg [​IMG]
  10. steebu macrumors member

Jul 28, 2005
    i hold on to the very bottom of the mouse and have all my fingers on it somewhere

i ****ing love the one button mouse. id never run anything multibutton apple or not
  11. supergod macrumors 6502

Jul 14, 2004
    The one button Apple Mouse (pro mouse) has got to be the most comfortable to use mouse yet made. While it may not be as functional as the Mighty Mouse (which I use now) it was a great piece of kit. I find Mighty Mouse isn't large enough for my hand do to the placement of the scroll ball: I end up having to cramp up my finger a bit, although I don't have any problem with the side buttons like some people report. Also, the one button had a perfect click feel.
  12. mad jew Moderator emeritus

mad jew

Apr 3, 2004
    Adelaide, Australia
    Right-clicking is for n00bs!

I love the one button look. :)
  13. jonat8 macrumors regular

Dec 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Just bought a Mighty Mouse and after getting used to it I really love it! MUCH better than the one button mouse. I much prefer right-clicking than ctrl-clicking. Just seems more natural to me. Also I forgot how I managed to live without a scroll wheel too!

I sold the old USB one-button mouse on eBay ;)
  14. Cheese macrumors 6502

Dec 26, 2002
    In the refrigerated section at your grocer
    The Apple 1 button (Pro) mouse is beyond perfection... perhaps it's "pointing device nirvana"! Sod the multiclickerthingy's.... OOPS. sorry, but I see no need for multi button gadgets that only seem to make the entire computer experience more compicated.
  15. jonat8 macrumors regular

Dec 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Surely there's only so much you can say about a 1 button mouse ;) You move it around and you click. One button. End of story :D
  16. tdhurst macrumors 68040

Dec 27, 2003
    Portland, OR
    More love for the one button mouse..

I LOVE my BT Apple mouse!

Being a laptop user, I constantly use keyboard shortcuts (which are faster than using a multi-button mouse) so pressing ctrl is no biggie, and I SELDOM have to do it.

It's always MUCH easier for noobs to learn as they never have to worry about which button to press...it's either one or two clicks!
  17. RobHague macrumors 6502

Jul 8, 2005
    I like the one-button. I got used to it quicker than i thought and actually liked it better than my previous mouse which had about 7 buttons lol.

The pro-mouse looks nice, and its comfortable - my only gripe is with the tracking, does not seem to be as accurate as it could be. Skips around a little sometimes, especially if you are moving the mouse slowley. Makes it a pain to use in Photoshop where you need a steady hand....

I was thinking about the Mighty Mouse before i got my mac, but i heard mixed reviews about it. I don't like the idea of having to lift my fingers off the mouse in order to register a 'click'. Pressure sensative would have been better than touch me thinks.

Anyway the mouse does not need more buttons to be useful, the operating system just needs to make better use of it in the first place. The emphasis on PC mice is to get as many buttons on it as you can, like some sort of 'PC Control Pad' that happens to move the cursor too. Right Click, left click, middle click - scroll wheels, scroll buttons... Long live the One Button Mouse. :D
  18. redAPPLE macrumors 68030

May 7, 2002
    2 Much Infinite Loops
    well God bless our ceo for not listening to those pc users. Apple has to keep its identity i say. and the one button mouse (wireless or not) is a part of the Apple experience.

the one button mouse is a part of Apple from day 1. it should be part of Apple till the day it goes out of business (and i don't think it will because of the mouse).
  19. RobHague macrumors 6502

Jul 8, 2005
    Yeah if you ask most people something that reminds them of a Mac, apart from the 'Apple Logo' most will say 'the mouse'. If apple fell victim to pressure from the PC world to make the thing a proper 'multi-button' as standard that would be a shame.
  20. Dafke macrumors 6502

Mar 24, 2005
    hey jonat8, how did you managed tot get 1 Gb of RAM in your powerbook?
    or did you just rounded it off up- or downwards?

i would like to get the one button mouse, but i use Maya, and it's really difficult to move around or zoom in and out in a scene with one button.
  21. jonat8 macrumors regular

Dec 17, 2004
    United Kingdom
    Err... 2x 512Mb sticks. Simple :D
  22. mduser63 macrumors 68040

Nov 9, 2004
    Salt Lake City, UT
    I think he must have been thinking that you have a 12" PB, which has 256 soldered on, and one free slot. Obviously you have a 15" or 17".

Anyway, I don't mind the one button mouse, but I prefer a multi-button mouse. I love my Mighty Mouse. I will say that the one button trackpad on the PowerBook is just fine. I think I like it better than I would if they made a two button trackpad. Of course, the scrolling trackpad (or iScroll) is pretty much essential.
  23. prophet621 macrumors member

Jul 31, 2005
    My daughter loves it, one big button is much easier for her 7 year old hands and it has lights which she thinks is cool.

Me, never liked it. I can't handle not having my scroll wheel and right click button. I was a Windows network support for a while, right click is essential. Holding down the command key just doesn't cut it, drives me insane on my ibook when I don't have my mouse hooked up.
  24. anonymous161 macrumors 6502

Apr 15, 2003
    Where the wind comes sweeping down the plains
    The only thing worse than a multi button mouse is a multi button trackpad

Just one button for me please
  25. 20rogersc macrumors 65816

Jun 28, 2005
    Brighton, UK
    I do! Going to continue using it for as long as possible, no Mighty Mouse in my household!