who makes a bluetooth mouse?

Discussion in 'Mac Help/Tips' started by Foxer, Mar 20, 2003.

1. Foxer macrumors 65816

Foxer

Self-explanitiory. I'm looking for a wireless mouse that I can use with my 12-inch powerbook. Since it has bluetooth, why not get a bluetooth device? Right?

2. Foxer thread starter macrumors 65816

Foxer

somehow i posted this twice. can someone delete the duplicitous thread?

3. mnkeybsness macrumors 68030

mnkeybsness

microsoft does...they make great mice

otherwise if you are looking for wireless, i would prefer the logitech mx with the base station

4. Foxer thread starter macrumors 65816

Foxer

Yeah, I know MS makes good mice. I haev oneo n my PC at work and I love it. I was hoping I could avoid "tainting" my mac set-up, but I may have to give in to the dark side.

5. steeleclipse macrumors 6502

i know how you feel... im looking for a bluetooth mouse as well and i dont want to use a microsoft product... any other solutions???

6. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Note neither the MS Bluetooth Explorer or the Logitech Presenter (sort of a Bluetooth Mouse) work with Mac OSX at the moment as the HID profile is not present (as it is not finalised iirc). Once the HID profile is included mice should work.

7. chewbaccapits macrumors 6502a

chewbaccapits

I posted this before but I don't believe MS makes good mice...I have an intellimouse and itwas recalled and they didn't want to honor my warranty...What makes matters they won't even support it now...I won't buy another one from them...Just be aware....

8. FelixDerKater macrumors 68000

FelixDerKater

Microsoft makes the BEST mice. You all just have a hatred for anything Microsoft.

9. Foxer thread starter macrumors 65816

Foxer

As I just learned after buying it this afternoon on the way home from work. I guess I'll just bide my time.

10. losfp macrumors regular

FWIW I think the Microsoft mice are great. I have 3 intellimouse opticals at home, and they are rock solid. bluetooth would be a cool idea though ;)

11. shadowfax macrumors 603

shadowfax

Nah. i had an MS optical mouse for awhile when i used a PC. it was well designed, but for 40$, i'd expected that the thing wouldn't have broken in about 3 months. the internal copper wires busted where they bend inside the insulation, which is really hard to fix.. my granpa went through like three till he figured out how to fix it, which involved a sodlering iron and taking it apart... it was really annoying that they had designed the inside of the cord so poorly. but that was just our experience with that one. my old intellimouses were all awesome in their time, and the intellimouse explorers seem nice too.

12. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

Wow, that's pretty unlucky :( Hopefully Apple will release a Bluetooth update that will include hte HID profile (even if it's only the current draft - they released 802.11g based on a draft spec). I'd like a BT mouse for my iBook but can't get one.

13. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

Whilst we're on the subject of Bluetooth accessories - have any of you come across Bluetooth REMOTE CONTROLS for the computer?

I've heard of one with a small "nipple" on it that works like one of those IBM ThinkPad cursor controllers, which could double for a mouse...

What I'M after though is a way to control my power on/off, sleep on/off, volume control, television tuner, DVD player and iTunes all from one remote. It seems like Bluetooth may be the way to go...

:)

14. robbieduncan Moderator emeritus

robbieduncan

There are a couple of packages that let you do this from a SE T68i mobile phone, but I've not seen any specific hardware.

15. kiwi_the_iwik macrumors 65816

kiwi_the_iwik

I've got a Nokia Bluetooth phone - Damn!

Do you think they'll make a program for my phone?!?

I suppose I'll always be unlucky and buy orphan equipment!

;)

16. bennetsaysargh macrumors 68020

bennetsaysargh

i would absolutly want apple's next mice to be bluetooth capable, or you can get one with a cord. bluetooth kinda represents apple. freedom. without the wire on a mouse, it would be really cool.

17. daniel77 macrumors 6502

i have had my MS regular optical Wheel mouse (not intellimouse) and it has worked perfectly for atleast 5 months. Its soo comforable too, almost like custom made for my hand

18. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I'm afraid I'm gunna have to agree with Felix on this one.
    Although they can't make an OS worth crap, they sure can make
    a high quality mouse. I love my microsoft 'blue' optical mouse.
    Good looking, fast, and has a high definition laser.

pic pic pic pic pic

and I also have to agree that mac users have a biased view
    of MS (and PC) products, because of your intense hate for them.