Who owns a Rain Design iLap

Discussion in 'Buying Tips, Advice and Discussion (archive)' started by ZenNerd, Apr 13, 2005.

1. ZenNerd macrumors member

Jul 23, 2002
    Atlanta, GA
    Are you happy with it?
    How's the fit, finish and worksmanship?
    Does it work well as a lap desk? (my primary interest in it)

2. bmat macrumors 6502

Nov 24, 2004
    East Coast, USA
    I have one, for my 15 inch powerbook. I find it to be very light and comfortable, and I like the way it looks--it matches the powerbook perfectly. The craftsmanship is very nice as well. I have no complaints. I use it when sitting on a couch primarily -- so my powerbook can breath and I don't have to worry about the heat, although you can take the padding off the front end and use it on a desk.
  3. macdad2 macrumors member

Apr 7, 2005
    I'm not sure anymore
    I have one for my 17" Power Book - absolutely love it! I use it everywhere, home - work - desk - comfy sofa- and it works like a champ to keep my computer cool. Seemed a bit pricy when I was shopping around for a stand but now that I have one I've found that it's absolutely worth it.
    I usually leave the front rest attached even on my desk as I usually use an external apple keyboard in that setting. I was concerned about using the optical drive when the front rest is attached but it turns out it's not a problem. i just lift the front of the book when it's time to insert or eject. It's a lot more convenient than it sounds ;)