Who owns an iPod Touch?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by davidy, Jul 28, 2008.

1. macrumors 6502

davidy

I think I already know the answer to this but I was wondering what gender is the primary owner of the iPod touch.

edit: This was supposed to be a poll but I don't know where the poll went. Maybe someone will stumble across it in cyberspace and respond to it.

2. macrumors Core

alphaod

3. macrumors 65816

scotty96LSC

I have one, but I think you may be surprised with your final tally -- if your poll returns from beyond the sun.

4. macrumors G3

TuffLuffJimmy

What gender? Why does it matter?

This is going to turn into one of those ridiculous threads about white iPhones being for girls.

*iPod nanos and classics are for girls, iPod touches are for men OMGLOLBBQ!!!!

5. macrumors 65816

iDAG

I'm a dude that has a on iPod touch. In fact, I'm typing this post from it right now. :cool:

6. macrumors 68020

JML42691

I'm a guy on a touch, but what point are you trying to make with this thread. I know of just as many girls with iPod touches as I do guys, I don't think that there is anything to be discovered here.

7. macrumors newbie

I have a touch, and loving the remote application! oh, and im a guy...if that matters too.

8. macrumors 603

SkyBell

I thinmk I would like an iPod Touch, but I can't justify the purchase of one.

Just to try and dampen the ground where the flames will start, the iPod touch is not a "manly" nor "girly" product, it's marketed to both genders. (or neither, depeding on how you look at it.)

9. macrumors member

Same here, it doesn't matter what gender. I bought the touch b/c I researched all of the rumors before it came out and realized that if this actually came out, it'd be at the forefront of the iPod line for years to come (wouldn't be outdated easily).

10. macrumors G4

flopticalcube

Results will be skewed as there are far more male members (pardon the pun) on this forum. As the others have said, the result would be pointless anyhow.

11. macrumors member

Nah what are you talkin about... We could jus add 15 to the girls side and it'll be fine...

12. macrumors G4

Chundles

13. macrumors 68000

fleshman03

Yup I got mine. Bought it with some College money back in September of 07. Ah those were the good times. I actually got one before the official release date. Remember when there were a few that were being sold because they came in early?

The GF and I took a road trip to Orlando (From Tampa) so I could give Apple my $400 before most people. I actually got the store to hold it for me because I was coming from so far.

Might get another one once they get up to 64+ gigs.

14. macrumors 68020

One male and one female Touch owner at my house. Latest family reunion found 4 other Touch owners, and all were females. Only student I've bumped into with a Touch was female. The men will have a classic or earlier Nano. The women will have Nanos or Shuffles. Men are more likely to find a forum related to their device. The women I know prefer to facebook, myspace, or share info via other social App.

15. macrumors regular

16. macrumors regular

17. macrumors 68040

andybno1

I have a touch and I'm a guy and know of only one other person with a touch whos also a guy.

I have yet to bump into anyone with an iPod Touch or an iPhone, but saying that I remember seeing one girl (before I moved) who got on the bus with a touch.

18. macrumors member

Touch Owner

Your question is the wrong one...of course, anyone responding to this question will be a Touch owner!! It's a touch board, after all!!

But I am female, if that really matters. Still working to get my Touch to do everything it's supposed to do....please read and respond to my podcast question.

Beth

19. macrumors 6502

I got one, and I'm a guy.

Interesting thread, but will be pointless in the end.

20. macrumors regular

Naturally more guys will have one simply because the touch interface is such a relatively new concept and what is new in gadgets is usually cool to guys but simply too confusing for girls at first.

Gender parity among Touch ownership won't be equal until more guys show girls how to use one and be comfortable with it.

21. macrumors 68000

22. macrumors regular

I'm a guy, and one hundred percent of the people I know who own touches are guys. Then again, I only know two.. .

23. Moderator emeritus

sushi

24. macrumors 6502a

dasikes

25. macrumors 6502a

dasikes

How do you make a poll? If anyone knows, I'd be curious to see how many folks on here have jailbroken, 1.1.4, 1.1.5, or 2.0.

Oh, or maybe even those of you with the SDK, 2.1