Who Says Macs Aren't Used In Businesses?

Discussion in 'MacBytes.com News Discussion' started by MacBytes, Dec 13, 2006.

1. macrumors bot

2. macrumors 68020

brad.c

Nice annecdote. Shows how superiority is truly cross-platform compatible.

Personally, the favourite part of my trips to the Doctors office is that he always has the offices outfitted with the latest Mac hardware. Hell, until the Apple Store opened in Toronto, that was the first place I'd see the new Mac line-ups.

3. macrumors 68000

amacgenius

There's two places in this town that I know of that use Macs, both are businesses, one is a hair salon near my house that has a G5 iMac as their POS machine, and there's an office building above a closed restaurant that has a crapload of Macs (skoker had the boxes from them).

That's all I know of, but a lot of actual people use Macs around here surprisingly.

4. macrumors 68030

Snowy_River

When I first read this I thought "POS=Piece of ....", took me just a second to realize you meant "Point of Sale". :D

5. macrumors 603

SiliconAddict

I support a crap load of offices for IT desktop support. The company I now work for contracts out to a lot of businesses. Out of a few hundred that I've gone two over the last year I can count on one hand that has Macs and those are all in the graphics department. However that isn't to say that Macs are good for small businesses and niche areas like POSs.

6. macrumors 65816

pjarvi

Our marketing department uses Macs, and just got in some 24" iMacs. Which, I took my sweet time configuring for them. ;)

Apparently I forgot to install some software, so I get to go over tomorrow and work on them some more. :D