Who should Apple buy?

Discussion in 'Apple, Inc and Tech Industry' started by AdeFowler, Oct 10, 2006.

1. AdeFowler macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

In the wake of Google's purchase of Youtube, who or what should Apple buy?

Last I heard there was $10bn in the bank, which whilst earning the company a healthy return, could some of it be put to better use or is there a long term target once the funds are available?

Thoughts...? ;)

2. chris200x9 macrumors 6502a

disney!!!!! I could definitly see a disney-google-intel-nintendo-apple merger then apple could take over the world! C'mon lil kids lke disney and nintendo and older ppl need computers so google-intel-apple then they will have every level under thier control......and they'll be able to rule the world and steve jobs will become supreme dictator of the world..... i can see it now :D

3. shecky Guest

shecky

i think that they should buy whomever will make them a better computer and software company, as opposed to a better music and media distribution company. apple feels less and less about computers these days and more and more about iTunes/iPod. its great that stuff keeps them profitable and i would not want it to go away, but i would like to see more of a shift back to their computer hardware and software.

4. AdeFowler thread starter macrumors 68020

AdeFowler

I think Apple missed a trick when Adobe bought Macromedia. Imagine Apple owning Flash, Dreamweaver, Freehand etc.

5. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

$10bn eh? They should buy me!

6. MacsRgr8 macrumors 604

MacsRgr8

7. Queso macrumors G4

Premium TV, then convert all their provided content off the recently imposed Windows DRM :mad: