Who thinks we'll see a Gen 6 iPod before Zune?

Discussion in 'iPod' started by Chupa Chupa, Oct 21, 2006.

?

Gen 6 iPod: Before Zune or After?

1. Before. iPod's 5th anniversary is next week!

5 vote(s)
    11.9%
  2. Before...but same week as Zune launch just to p* off Bill

13 vote(s)
    31.0%
  3. After. The 5.5 is all we get for now. 6G is next year.

24 vote(s)
    57.1%
  1. Chupa Chupa macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

Just curious as to who thinks Jobs was doing a "head fake" for M$ when he intro'd the Gen 5.5 and held the 6G back for launch closer to the Zune launch?

Notice how Jobs held back was when he previewed Leopard at WWDC because M$ liked to copy the Mac OS for it's own. Same probably goes for the iPod. Best way to stay ahead of the competition is not to give them any hints as to what you are doing.

2. Vidd macrumors 6502a

Vidd

Besides the Wifi (which doesn't seem that incredible to me) and the slightly larger screen (at the same resolution), the Zune just doesn't compare to the recently upgraded iPod.
    I wanted to wait for this fabled 6G but the 80GB seemed too good to me.

3. fivetoadsloth macrumors 65816

fivetoadsloth

I hope it comes soon, a couple weeks but i dont think well see on till first quarter next year.

4. Aperture macrumors 68000

Aperture

I'm betting in early-mid Nov. I can't see them going into the holiday season without a new iPod in their line up. (Notice I said "iPod", not "iPod Nano/Shuffle")

Kevin

5. TheAnswer macrumors 68030

TheAnswer

I can see them launching a new one in early December. Remember more and more Christmas shopping is done after Christmas now, as we preserve the original meaning of the holiday by not cluttering it up with lemming-like mass consumerism. :rolleyes:

6. Synapple macrumors regular

I don't think we'll see a true video iPod before the Zune gets released but the irrational iPod-maniac in me does wish we will :eek:

7. BoyBach macrumors 68040

BoyBach

I predict that just before the Zune is released, Apple will send out invites for a special event, reveal the new 'touchsreen, fullscreen, wi-fi enabled Video iPod' that they've been sitting on for months, announce that they're taking orders today, shipping in January 2007 along with iTV and the worldwide iTunes movie store.

The Zune will be a stillborn before it's even released.

Remember, Steve Jobs want's revenge on Bill Gates :)

8. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

The only problem with this is that it'll cost $299 (probably) which will be more than the Zune, it'll need to be as not to compete with the Nano....

9. Chupa Chupa thread starter macrumors G4

Chupa Chupa

Yeah, but that would kill 5.5G iPod sales too. Not something Jobs would do in Q4. IF a 6G were announced during the holiday season it would have to be available immediately, not a month later. If it's a month latter better off just to announce at MWSF.

10. rdowns Suspended

rdowns

Wouldn't it be easier for Apple to do a press release saying, Don't buy any iPods from us for Christmas? :rolleyes: