Who uses front row on their macbook?

Discussion in 'Mac Apps and Mac App Store' started by psychofreak, Nov 18, 2006.

?

The macbook should be cheaper without front row software/hardware

1. I think so

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  2. I don't

17 vote(s)
    89.5%
  3. I just like voting

1 vote(s)
    5.3%
  4. Whats front row?

0 vote(s)
    0.0%
  1. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

I would have preferred a cheaper machine without the software and hardware. Who disagrees/agrees?

2. Eraserhead macrumors G4

Eraserhead

You do realise that Frontrow adds practically nothing to the cost, you might have got your Macbook for $1195 instead of $1199, but still. The hardware, which is the external display port is extremely useful for presentations, and watching films etc. etc.

3. psychofreak thread starter Retired

psychofreak

4. j26 macrumors 65832

j26

I find it useful for watching dvds on an external monitor, and the odd time I use it for slideshows. The remote is handy for that.
    Front row was a bonus, and I doubt the machine would have fallen in price by much - I mean, how much can it cost to make?

5. gekko513 macrumors 603

gekko513

Nah, keep it. The biggest cost for Apple was to research and develop the hardware and software. The remote and the sensor doesn't cost much to produce.

6. FleurDuMal macrumors 68000

FleurDuMal

I use Frontrow all the time, and am currently in the process of ripping all my DVDs onto my Macbook (well, an external drive connected to my MB). I actually really like Frontrow and the remote now, after slating it a bit when I first got it. The recent update has made it a lot more stable. I first thought it was gimmicky, but now use it every day.

Anyway, removing Frontrow would hardly make a lot of a difference to the price I'm afraid. The MB is the perfect value for money package as it is.