Who Waited???

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by macdaddy121, Aug 7, 2006.

1. macdaddy121 macrumors 6502a

Who waited to open their computers and now are as excited as hell that they are opening their new toy? Not me, but I wanted to see who did.....because I'm excited for everyone.

2. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

3. Dale_Nx26 macrumors member

I have an unopened MB next to me right now. But for some reason I have a feeling all the rumors about new MBP, and/or possibly MB, will be true during the week. There's still this whole week left. Someone please assure me there's not going to be any surprises this week so I can open my MB now!

BTW, that keynote was kinda dissapointing, IMO.

4. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

i feel the exact same way :eek: . but i think i'm gonna go ahead and open it. i can't wait forever

5. wako macrumors 65816

I cant believe you guys waited when you guys already had the system in hand. I could have NEVER waited it out and not open it if the sytem was in hand.

6. macdaddy121 thread starter macrumors 6502a

I promise they aren't updating.....JUST KIDDING!!! If you keep waiting it will be 2007 and you will have an unopened Macbook. They won't update the Macbook, but maybe macbook pro. Open her up.

7. Dale_Nx26 macrumors member

Trust me, it was unbearable. I guess i'll open it now. :D

8. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

mine is open already :D

any requests for my short name? i have been using super heros

9. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

You might be waiting a month in that case. Just open the god damn box. If something is going to be updated then it`ll be MBP first. Not MB.

10. Aldyn macrumors member

i've waited for an imac update that never comes. blahhhhhhhh

11. generik macrumors 601

generik

I even sold mine! Right now it is still sitting on my desk but strictly speaking it shouldn't be :eek:

12. Dale_Nx26 macrumors member

Opened it! Looks sleek but a tad slow. Probably due to the software updates and spotlight indexing. Need to buy 1GB ram soon.

13. Flowbee macrumors 68030

Flowbee

This thread has the potential of being very funny tomorrow morning. :eek:

14. Dale_Nx26 macrumors member

Why'd you have to say that?!:mad: Better not be any updates tomorow (for MB).

Onto my use of the MB...I'm being careful in every place that i touch it. Too much fear in smudges and scratches. agh! same thing happened when i got my ipod. but i got over it once too many scratches came up (not that I want any!). It quiet right now. No moo or other oddities. However the palm rest layer doesnt seem to be even. There's a 1 mm (a guess) gap from the middle on each side. But overall everything's perfect! Wait...the top left corner is hot. No hinderance though.

Currently doing migration assistant. update: it's really hot right now.

15. macdaddy121 thread starter macrumors 6502a

Mine is sitting on my desk and I have a wireless keyboard and mouse....So I don't think I have typed on the actual Macbook keyboard yet. I don't even think I have rested my hands on it yet.....Still worried about keeping it as clean as possible....

16. twoodcc macrumors P6

twoodcc

well i had the hardest time possible installing the new hard drive and 2 Gb of RAM, but after about 5 hours (so it seems) i finally have everything in and working correctly :) i'm typing this on it now :cool:

17. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

Thats pretty common. Most(I think all) of the MBs suffer from these minor oddities. BTW Congrats for your MB. I `ll pray for you that there are no MBP updates this week. Rather the new MBP be launched on Tuesday next week.:D :D

18. KingYaba macrumors 68040

KingYaba

There is no way in hell I could let an unopened MacBook/Pro just sit there waiting to be used. The temptation would be way to strong. Especially because anything right now is a major upgrade in preformance comapred to what I'm using. I would justify opening it, even if updates are imminent, by saying it's better than this piece of **** I'm typing on!!!!!!!!!!

19. ImNoSuperMan macrumors 65816

ImNoSuperMan

I guess you are talking bout unscrewing those three screws. They really are the smallest one you can find. Other than that installing the RAM n HDD is extremely easy.

20. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

I still have my new MBP unopened... call me pathetic, but i just fear that things would come out the day after i opened it... i guess i'd wait until at least the conference is over... any suggestions/reinsurances?

21. tobefirst macrumors 68040

tobefirst

I decided not to wait about 5 minutes after I got home on Friday night. I guessed that MacBook upgrades were less than likely. I love my new machine! I just added RAM to it yesterday, and now it flies!

22. bearbo macrumors 68000

bearbo

btw.. would changing to merom be considered a somewhat more of a upgrade than speedbump? i mean, would there be perhaps bugs coming out that's in addition to what's out there now? i'm a bit confused

23. kevinliu4 macrumors regular

man, i can't believe there are some of you who actually waited even with the macs in hand. that's torture!

i just ordered my macbook pro this morning. i couldn't wait anymore. i don't care if they offer meroms next month or whatever. i don't need it and besides, it's never a good idea to get the first batch.

24. JDOG_ macrumors 6502a

JDOG_

You do realize that's what you just did though correct? The merom models will just be a different chip in the same socket.

25. breakfastcrew macrumors 6502

ok it's tuesday no update I am opening my mb. If update comes next tuesday I am gunning down steve.