Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

xflare

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
If you did.......there's the explanation for why we haven't seen a macbook. i think Apple are delaying the release of it to capitalise on sales of the more expensive macbook pro.

calebjohnston

macrumors 68000
Jan 24, 2006
I don't see the point of these threads. Who cares whether or not? The fact is, macbook isn't out. Oh well. You'll probably live anyway.

GoCubsGo

macrumors Nehalem
Feb 19, 2005
I agree, but I don't fault Apple for this either. While they do not hold a large part of the market, they aren't stupid either. They tossed out the more expensive model, but not the MOST expensive model in hopes that would deter people from holding onto their cash. I can name 10 people off the top of my head that went out and bought a MBP the day they released. Those 10 people were waiting on the ibooks as they just purchased either a newer imac or a newer powermac. So yeah, I think they did that, I think it's great and if anyone is upset over that then I think they should step back and realize that no one held their heads to a fire until they bought yanno.

Good thinking though. I think they should do that with cars too! hah haha

naturetrance

macrumors newbie
Apr 24, 2006
xflare said:
If you did.......there's the explanation for why we haven't seen a macbook. i think Apple are delaying the release of it to capitalise on sales of the more expensive macbook pro.

I think Apple has rushed a lot of things to market lately and perhaps they're taking more of their time with this one.

xflare

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
xli_ne said:
ya...

thats exactly it:rolleyes:

Shut it, you troll.

What the f**k is wrong with people on these forums, this is the send post ive made and all i get back sarcastic comments.

MacSA

macrumors 68000
Jun 4, 2003
UK
calebjohnston said:
I don't see the point of these threads. Who cares whether or not? The fact is, macbook isn't out. Oh well. You'll probably live anyway.

I don't see the point of your reply. Maybe you should take off those sunglasses and read the thread again.

Koodauw

macrumors 68040
Nov 17, 2003
Madison
xflare said:
Shut it, you troll.

What the f**k is wrong with people on these forums, this is the send post ive made and all i get back sarcastic comments.

Perhaps the problem lies within then instead of with others?

And im sure you theory is more of a welcome side affect, then an intentional doing. The mac books will be out when they're out. Let it go.

xflare

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Mar 20, 2006
Koodauw said:
Perhaps the problem lies within then instead of with others?

And im sure you theory is more of a welcome side affect, then an intentional doing. The mac books will be out when they're out. Let it go.

So people have a problem here with new users asking questions then?

i think im going to go find some different fourms these ones are terrible.

WillMak

macrumors 6502a
Jul 29, 2005
xflare, the people here are very nice. They are just busting your chops, no need to get upset.

xli_ne

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2005
Center of the Nation
xflare said:
Shut it, you troll.

you have attitude problems man. you blew up on this forum too

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/195759/

you ask the most generic questions about buying a computer and then get mad about the any post that doesn't agree with what you have to say. get a life

Electro Funk

macrumors 65816
Dec 8, 2005
The Opium Garden
xli_ne said:
you have attitude problems man. you blew up on this forum too

https://forums.macrumors.com/threads/195759/

you ask the most generic questions about buying a computer and then get mad about the any post that doesn't agree with what you have to say. get a life

The guy is a noob and asked a pretty pertinant question in my opinion and a bunch of people jumped down his throat... i think if i had the same welcome from this community that he has gotten i doubt i would be back to post either...

This board is to share information and help others... that is the main reason most people join... because they are looking for help/answers from the more knowledgable members of the forum...

Why not welcome him and try to answer his question intelligently instead of calling him names and telling him he is a noob and his questions are silly.... :rolleyes:

xli_ne

macrumors 6502a
Mar 3, 2005
Center of the Nation
Electro Funk said:
The guy is a noob and asked a pretty pertinant question in my opinion and a bunch of people jumped down his throat... i think if i had the same welcome from this community that he has gotten i doubt i would be back to post either...

This board is to share information and help others... that is the main reason most people join... because they are looking for help/answers from the more knowledgable members of the forum...

Why not welcome him and try to answer his question intelligently instead of calling him names and telling him he is a noob and his questions are silly.... :rolleyes:

what names where used!?!?

It doesn't really matter anyway. It just seems like there is always a number of new members during times that new products *might* be coming out and start numerous threads about the subject and then they are never heard of ever again. Its kinda annoying.

laidbackliam

macrumors 6502
Feb 1, 2006
my whole debate before buying the macbook was over a 12" pb or this. this is an awesome machine, but i would have been happy with something smaller.

THIS IS A GREAT MACHINE THOUGH. no complaints

mark!

macrumors 65816
Feb 4, 2006
America
A lot of the people on this board are jack as ses sometimes, but you just have to ignore them.

anway, I wanted the intel iBook but I went ahead and got a MacBook Pro anyway, I was tired of using the iMac G3 as my main comptuer everyday & couldn't wait 4-6 more months.

rishi

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2006
India
It just seems like there is always a number of new members during times that new products *might* be coming out and start numerous threads about the subject and then they are never heard of ever again. Its kinda annoying.

Yes well said, maybe we should ban noobs from posting or atleast starting new threads.

Also certain forums should be invisible to newbies.

sunfast

macrumors 68020
Oct 14, 2005
calebjohnston said:

Why post then? The OP made an interesting point. Nobody forces you to read it.

rishi

macrumors member
Mar 29, 2006
India
FF_productions said:
How ironic, you're a newbie too!

It doesn't matter if I am a newbie but discipline has to be maintained.

Any noob who has a problem with senior and esteemed users like xli_ne,calebjohnston and dornoforpyros ought to be banned permanently.

This fellow,xflare, describes jasondorn as an arrogant prick :) Please read his(jd) postings and he comes across as a very helpful and modest person.

Decide for yourself.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.