Who Wants A Typewriter?

Discussion in 'macOS' started by AP_piano295, Jan 4, 2006.

1. AP_piano295 macrumors 65816

Hey does anybody know if there is some type writer software for the os x. No im not really old and stuff its just that I kinda like the sound, my grandma used to have a typewriter... actually I think thats downstairs... well anyway I dont actually want to use a typewriter I just want the sound. And my creative writing teacher told me that they have programs that make the sound.

my preference is something free :)

2. ITASOR macrumors 601

ITASOR

If you have PowerPoint.......... :p

EDIT: Ok, I'll elaborate. If you have PowerPoint you can make a whole bunch of words and tell them to fly in with the typewriter sound effect. Or you could find the sound file on your HD and loop it in quicktime, lol. Have fun.

3. maya macrumors 68040

maya

Try recording the sound into your Macintosh. :)

Hey its free. ;)

4. After G macrumors 68000

After G

In System Preferences, you can have Universal Access set so that it makes key sounds when you type.
    It's called Slow Keys. Just set the delay to short so that you won't be furious with how slow your input now is.

5. Whigga Spitta macrumors 6502

After G, that's pretty cool. Since you said that, I just tried it out, and I must say-- it is kind of fun. Of course, the novelty wears off once you realize it affects every key, not just a-z. Oh well...at least the OP will be happy.