Who wants the old multi-color Apple logo back?

Discussion in 'Community' started by springscansing, Jan 29, 2003.

1. springscansing macrumors 6502a

springscansing

I think it would be so badass if the future 970 towers have a huge multi-color Apple logo on the side of them. A real 'stick this in your smoke and cock it' kinda thing. Whadda ya think?

I know its not gonna happen, but I love the rainbow logo....

... and my girlfriend ...

2. mischief macrumors 68030

mischief

Rainbow Apple.....

I've always thought the best update to the logo would be a true rainbow apple that iridesces as you walk around it.:D Better yet: a mylar holographically rainbow logo that's millions of tiny rainbow apples that rotate around the cener and change colour as you change your prespective.

3. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

haha, well, yeah, i definitely agree... i miss the days of the rainbow logo, and the Apple Garamond font (it's pretty well dead now) and the full word "Macintosh"... but it's just not gonna happen. They're trying for a 21st century look, and they seem to think the new font and solid logo add to that... To some extent they may be right, still...

There's always modding :)

pnw

4. King Cobra macrumors 603

mischief, I have a feeling you'll be getting a few more PMs and trigger more pie fights with this particular thread. :D

A "stick this in your smoke and cock it" thing would be potentially fatal to the mind and to the cock. :)

I think the old is a thing of the past, as it has always been from any point since then. Would you rather the New Jersey Devils bring back their old logo, or replace your local town with a forest or wetland?

BTW: This is a crappy mock-up.

Attached Files:

5. MacFan25 macrumors 68000

MacFan25

I like the 21st Century look. I am glad that Apple doesn't use the rainbow logo because I think the logo they use now looks nicer.

6. Vector macrumors 6502a

Vector

I like the old logo, but it would not look very good on the new hardware. It looks nice on my wallstreet powerbook and my beige macs, but imagine how it would look on the side of a quicksilver tower. The graphite, white, and aluminum colors would not be a good complement to the 6 color rainbow.

7. GeeYouEye macrumors 68000

GeeYouEye

I wouldn't mind if they brought that back... as well as Apple Garamond... preferably if they included it with the system, outside of the Setup Assistant, in a form that actually looks good on AppleWorks (Ever tried SetupAssistant.dfont in AppleWorks? looks horrible). In fact, I wouldn't mind if they also put the Myriad font that replaced AG on the system as well... anyone know if it's lurking on the system like AG is?

8. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

i put it on my car and my desktop, but it's too 70/80's for them to ever bring it back again. no colors for apple now on any of their HW.

9. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Instead of making a multi color logo, make a logo that changes color with the rise and fall of the temperature in the computer!! Apple has a patent for some kind of chamelon case why not use it?
    Or they could make the Apple logo change like the iTunes visual!!

10. uhlawboi80 macrumors 6502

hmm, i dont think they will bring back the rainbow logo. it really would look odd on the current hardware. i dont think id like my TiBooks white apple logo to be a rainbowed apple. well...maybe :) but not on the power macs and stuff. the white/titanium crispness would be interupted.

though i must say that my sister hunted down the old rainbow apple stickers for my car. it eliminates the need for two seperate stickers :p

11. scem0 macrumors 604

scem0

I never liked the rainbow mac. It was kind of... old looking. ;)

12. wdlove macrumors P6

wdlove

The multi color was good for the 20th Century. Now I like the solid color Apple logo on the side Tower, the white logo looks great on the titanium PowerBook. :)

13. eyelikeart Moderator emeritus

eyelikeart

I guess I'm more for the modern simplicity of the newer logo...

I think it goes well with the newer look of the systems...

couldn't imagine a rainbow apple logo in place of the white glow of a TiBook... :eek: :D ;)

14. jefhatfield Retired

jefhatfield

have several

black on white, white on black, silver on black, multicolor, and others

it's the shape that is recognizeable....even by non computer types

only forrest gump thinks apple inc. is some fruit company out in california:p

15. cubist macrumors 68020

Looking at the enormous gray apple on my cube... I think it'd look nicer if it were chrome, and flatter (wider).

16. King Cobra macrumors 603

Hah! Saw that today as well, huh?

Well, from his view, we could be introducing the new Banana PowerMac instead. :p :eek: :eek:

17. DeusOmnis macrumors 6502

I agree, Apple is all about the future and getting there first. They wont be there first if they're hanging out in the past.

18. medea macrumors 68030

medea

nah it was time for an apple update to the logo and it looks great on the machines now.one day when the silver or white or whatever modern look they use gets old you will probably see a retro return of the rainbow apple....

19. Macmaniac macrumors 68040

Macmaniac

Attached Files:

• gump.jpg
      gump.jpg
      File size:
      70.3 KB
      Views:
  20. macphisto macrumors regular

The rainbow was a classic in its day, and I hope Apple release a limited edition something or other with a updated rainbow apple.

From a design aspect, the new logos are tres cool. They should incorporate a backlit logo on all of their hardware, like on the powerbooks (cpu hardware that is.)

:)

21. rainman::|:| macrumors 603

rainman::|:|

See, it definitely looks better on their current machines to have solid apple logos, but it'd be nice if they kept Apple Garamond and the 6-color logo on their letterhead and on signs and stuff. and use the new font (what the hell is it called, anyway, i want to call it eMac 'cause that's where it first showed on hardware) and solid logos on products... but that's too "complicated" for apple... bah.

you want 70's and 80's, go look for the original font, the 'a' in apple fit into the bite taken out of the apple logo... and that's how it appeared on a lot of things, including all of their motherboards. you just want to put on smoky-tinted glasses and do cocaine.

:)
    pnw

22. job macrumors 68040

job

I'm putting a multi-color Apple sticker on the back of my '76 Beetle.

Why?

The white logo just looks out of place on the back of another cultural icon.

[edit]
    for spelling errors
    [/edit]

23. mc68k macrumors 68000

mc68k

I put it on my car to show that I know the old macs as well as the new. soon i'm getting a MR sticker too.

24. Thanatoast macrumors 6502a

Thanatoast

have you seen those cars that have two-color paint that changes color depending on where you're standing. what if apple made their logo do that with new shades of their old colors? you could still have a solid color, which would rainbow when you walked by it. shoot, alienware has all the colors we need, already.

25. Chad macrumors member

sniff sniff

I am getting old ;(

I remember how cool it was when I got the first Macintosh ;)

ah bringing home the box opening it up ;) I would love to have another one just for fun ;)
    I wish I kept all my software had like over 500 disks of stuff ;)
    had the cool portable bag I remember lugging it to college adn my prof was just like WOW HOW COOL
    I loved the clean looks etc...
    I still have the original sticker bag with the Rainbow apple and I kept a couple of the boxes from the disks ;)