who wants to help me set up my CD burner?

Discussion in 'Macintosh Computers' started by phreakout13, Jun 8, 2004.

1. phreakout13 macrumors 6502

phreakout13

hi!
    A while ago, I got a TDK CD/DVD burner just to play and burn CDs on my bondi iMac. My father paid like $250 for it, but now that I have a new eMac, I'm starting to realize how cool it is. I didn't even realize it could use firewire. It came with ToastLite, and such. My eMac can't recognise it as a firewire device in my system profiler, etc. and I don't know what to expect when its hooked up. Will it show up on my finder or what? I really don't know. Can anyone help me? Thanks:)

2. MontgomeryBurns macrumors member

When you plug the drive into the computer, the computer doesn't immediately react. The device should appear in the Firewire section of the Hardware Profiler however.

You can test if it's connected by putting a cd in it. If the drive works, the disc will appear on the desktop. If you put a blank disc in it, Finder will ask you what you'd like to do with the disc (name, ignore, eject).
    At this point you can either work with the disc through the finder (open the disc and add desired files) or through Toast for a more customized disc. If you use the finder you can burn the disc at any time by dragging the disc on the desktop to the "burn" icon in the dock. If you use Toast, just click the red 'record disc' buttono when ready.

3. phreakout13 thread starter macrumors 6502

phreakout13

its still not being recognized at all by the computer via firewire:(

4. jeremy.king macrumors 603

jeremy.king

5. phreakout13 thread starter macrumors 6502

phreakout13

Still nothing:( I update my software every week and I just updated it. I also checked the Apple website for support and updates but nothing. Maybe its my computer. I should test another firewire device but I dont have one.

6. windowsblowsass macrumors 6502a

he ment the burners frimwear not the computer go look on tdks site

7. titaniumducky macrumors 6502a

titaniumducky

Check TDK's website for updated firmware. Also, check if there are drivers for OS X you might need.