Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Who will win the World Cup?

• Total voters

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
brazil are the obvious favourites, but after today's game against ghana i voted for italy.
of course brazil plays tomorrow, and we haven't seen france and spain, so maybe i'll change my mind again.
I'll come back after the first set of games is complete.

so far italy, argentina, germany, czech rep.

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
In a wave of patriotic, jingoistic fervour I'll say En-ger-land.

But in the real world, from what I've seen so far, and based on my sneaking suspicion that an outsider(ish) may win it this year, I'm going to say Czech Republic - who were very impressive in their first game. Either that or the Germans will win it on home soil.

How the hell are the USA in the top 5 in the world FIFA rankings when they looked so awful yesterday?!?

FleurDuMal

macrumors 68000
May 31, 2006
London Town
BakedBeans said:
but england actually have a chance.... the Czechs dont.

Of course we do. We're the best team in the world, no doubt about it. We have been for the last 40 years. If it wasn't for it being too hot whenever the World Cup comes around, we'd never have lost a game :rolleyes: .

I hope we do win the World Cup, but I doubt we will. There's nothing this country is better at than inflating our own sense of footballing brilliance throughout the world. No one else in the world thinks England are as good as England do. Tell me, when's the last time England strung together three world-class performances against good opposition in competitive matches against decent opposition? Because that is exactly what we'll need to get through the knockout stages and win the final.

BakedBeans

macrumors 68040
May 6, 2004
What's Your Favorite Posish
FleurDuMal said:
Tell me, when's the last time England strung together three world-class performances against good opposition in competitive matches against decent opposition?

I've no idea, I can't stand the England set-up.

If I could get Stevie, Carra and Crouchie back home now then I would. I do however think that they have a good squad and with a good manager they could win the world cup.. Just a shame they don't have a good manager :D

blackfox

macrumors 65816
Feb 18, 2003
PDX
why all the czech-hate?

They are (so far) doing well in a tough grouping.

I still have faith, with or w/o the lure of Italian sports cars...

Don't panic

macrumors 603
Jan 30, 2004
having a drink at Milliways
blackfox said:
why all the czech-hate?
They are (so far) doing well in a tough grouping.
I still have faith, with or w/o the lure of Italian sports cars...

I agree, I think them and the italians have shown among the best football so far.

hey, if Italy wins, do we get Skodas? :eek:

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.